Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
I abhor the notion that us queers should be aping hetero-normative behaviours by pressing for gay "marriage". Does that make me homophobic?
Why would be against same-sex marriage? For example, why shouldn't I be allowed to sponsor my BF and life partner for permanent residency to Canada? I should be denied that right just because we're both males?

What happens if we're living in Canada, and once of us end up in the hospital for a decent length of time? We should be denied visitation rights, simply because we're gay? Thankfully, this seems be a non-issue in Thailand.

How about when doing taxes? I should be denied the ability to claim him as my spouse? Thankfully Canada legalized gay marriage back in 2005 on the federal level, so this is all kind of a moot point for me anyway.

Anyway, back to the OP. I'm not really attracted to the feminine queens either, but that hardly makes me homophobic. That would require me to be hearful of them, which I'm definitely not. They're more than welcome to be whoever they are, same as everyone else. Just because they happen to be gay too doesn't mean I need to find them attractive, and jump into bed with them.