Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Off

Liked

Re: The Perfect Off

The fact of the matter is that *all* on this forum are crossing their fingers and *hoping* to know what the law is on prostitution in Thailand. We are told above that "everybody knows" - actually the situation is that everybody *doesn't* know. Over the years on this forum alone there have been posters whose opinions I highly respect (unlike those of Rabbi Poxxy) who have argued *both* that prostitution is illegal in Thai law, and that it is *not*

The Rabbi has clearly now taken time off from studying the Torah to delve into Thai law using his impeccable command of the Thai language enabling him to know not only the letter of the Thai law but every nuance and every possibility arising from it.

We are now expected to believe that in addition to being an international forensic accountant who can be paid 3 Business Class air fares by 3 different Companies for the same Cargo class trip on China Southern, he is also a professor of Thai law.

The reality however is that opinions expressed on this forum in relation to Thai law are mostly based on what has been read elsewhere or what Jimmy in the pub happened to tell us 5yrs ago - so my opinion on whether it would be technically possible for a customer to be investigated or charged in relation to the facilitation of prostitution is just as valid as anybody else's.

The Rabbi may not be aware that the growing trend in the world is for the prostitute to be regarded in law as the "victim" and the customer as the person who commits the crime of solicitation. Whether this has or will ever reach Thailand is something that we can all spout an opinion on but on which I suspect nobody here is in the least qualified to comment upon in any definitive sense.

Liked

Scottish wrote:
    "The Rabbi may not be aware that the growing trend in the world is for the prostitute to be regarded in law as the "victim" and the customer as the person who commits the crime of solicitation."

I absolutely agree with that. However I would suggest that this applies mainly to women and that the attitude to the use of legal, consenting money boys has softened to the point of acceptance. This has coincided with the increased profile of gays everywhere and the understanding amongst our unfortunate heteros' that sex, for us, is considered as just another branch of the entertainment industry.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The Rabbi may not be aware that the growing trend in the world is for the prostitute to be regarded in law as the "victim" and the customer as the person who commits the crime of solicitation.
    Is this true in countries where prostitution is legal? I would have thought that in such countries, they would be treated as equal under the law. I understand that this in theory only; if anything, they would be treated as less than equal in the event of a dispute with, say, a teacher or a doctor. Prostitution was recently made legal in my country but perception towards sex workers is still very negative. Should they find themselves in a legal confrontation with a more "upstanding" member of society, IMHO a prostitute would, unfortunately, not only be seen as a sex worker but a whore. There are exceptions of course for eg if the sex worker was underaged and in such a case, she might be perceived as a victim. There was a recent case where an underaged girl slept with 48 men for money (not at the same time!), including prominent local and foreign members of society, one of whom was a school principal!. The men were hunted down one by one by the authorities and prosecuted and their stories splashed in the media.
    Last edited by sglad; May 25th, 2017 at 05:06.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Prostitution was recently made legal in my country...
    Sorry, that should have read as "Prostitution is legal in my country but solicitation, pimping and running a brothel are not. So how do you figure that out?"

Liked

A good post, but can’t we just continue where you posted it first?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Otherwise, after the deed, the going rate plus any performance bonus is secreted under a magazine or suchlike and whilst I conveniently visit the bathroom I indicate that there is something under the magazine for him.
    You're not peddling drugs, you are paying for a service! For me, no need to put the money under somewhere and indicate where it is. I open my wallet, give the boy 500/800/1000 (whatever I have agreed on before or deem appropriate). I pay money boys like I pay my barber!

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I know of no other business where the amount to be paid is not clear from the beginning.
    Hello Mr Wal-Mart. I'm going to take this food home and then pay you depending on how delicious it is!
    Hello Mr Spielberg. I'm going to watch your movie and then pay you depending on how enjoyable it was!
    Hello Mr Decorator. You can paint my house and then I'll pay you depending on how much I like it!
    And here as well, the amount paid is clear from beginning, without need to talk about it: the going rate! Only if I plan to pay less than the going rate, I bring it up before taking the boy; and if the boy wants more than the going rate, he better bring it up before he goes with me, to prevent disappointment (on his side) and a scene later.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    We all know the 'bait boys'. Those lookers who are outside but unavailable to be offed.
    A practice I wholeheartedly despise.

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 26th, 2017)

Liked

Has it ever happened a farang was arrested because he paid a legal age boy for sex? If not then what we see in Thailand is what we see in many countries: some laws are not enforced. In some countries it is government policy to not enforce some laws, maybe in Thailand also, or the police is bribed. But we have nothing to fear, even when prostitution is illegal. Because we can point to the stituation that it is very very obvious that in Thailand this law is not being enforced.

You can not arrest people for breaking law X when in everyday live it is common knowledge law X is not enforced. Because when a government doesn't enforce a law it makes it de facto legal (while it isn't de jure). And I did not study law, but when something is common knowledge to be de facto legal, you can not arrest people for breaking it.

This can only be reversed by a public statement from government that from now on the policy changes, only then is an arrest possible.

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 25th, 2017)

Liked

Not necessary true. Maybe on a legal sense, police would not (Would not rather than cannot) arrest a farang for paid sex. However, police can still arrest or threaten arrest to that same farang. Maybe not ona legal sense but on a level of threats, black mail or generally causing problem.

Liked

Not on a legal sense but on a level of threats, black mail or generally causing problem farang can be arrested for everything in Thailand not especially for paying for sex to a boy, especially on a false accusation.

Liked

That's correct! For instance when they took an item out of the duty free shop at the airport, without paying for it, not because they wanted it, but because the staff packed it into their shopping bag as a "promotion" when they purchased something else...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan B View Post
    Having said that, my expectations of short time tips have had to be adjusted, having recently returned to Bangkok after a long absence. It's clear that the boys in the major bars expect 2000 Baht for short time.
    I think the minimum is about 1500. Whilst the boys in the Bangkok bars sometimes have the sense to ask for more, 1500~1700 is sufficient.
    The only time I've paid 2000 short time was with a particularly good & persuasive Gay Romeo boy.

Incidentally, some of the bar boys seem to drop their prices on Gay Romeo. I had one quote me 3000 & countered with 1000, expecting to settle a little higher, but no he immediately agreed to 1000.
    I though we're supposed to haggle, considering 3000 is not a serious Gay Romeo price.

Anyway, never mind the legalities & the tips. It would be very nice if this thread evolved back to the perfect off & how to ensure success.

Picking a bar boy who is actually on the stage, can smile & make eye contact is a good start.
    Having one who commits to long time also helps, since if he knows he's not getting his full tip until the morning, there is no incentive to rush off.

13. User who gave Like to post:

stkyricesf (May 28th, 2017)