FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: That's enough for now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post

Incredible. Absolument incroyable. I guess the “change of heart” allows this to avoid being labeled as hypocritical?

I don't believe in banning, but it appears that hasn't worked well for us in light of all this. I've been pushed to ban members....so I'm banning members.

a447 will be banned until Moses takes over.

sglad will be allowed back...the ban lifted. Sugargrandpa remains banned.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bad form banning anyone in such a manner, I know it's your board etc, but not much point having rules if you're going to pull a Neal and just start banning on a personal whim ( which I fully accept you're entitled to do as it's your board etc), but if so then maybe just say hey thats the way it is then in the future everyone will know.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; May 23rd, 2017 at 06:14.

Liked

He hardly got banned on a whim. It's been about a 1 year saga at least with this asshole, and I'm glad he's gone. This guy even picked a fight with Brad of all people. How the hell do you possibly get into a fight with Brad? He's one of the most upstanding, well respected, tempered members of this forum.

Now I can go back to making typos with my heart's content, and don't have to worry about some ferral chimp following me around.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Im talking "in general" as opposed to the rights or wrongs or otherwise of banning ANY particular member in this case.

Liked

I think Surfcrest has already proven without a doubt he doesn't just ban people on a "personal whim", or because he's in a bad mood that day. On the contrary, he's proven himself to be quite the opposite, and has allowed alot of shit to be thrown his way in exchange for allowing freedom of expression on this board.

Again, this banning is due to events that have taken place for well over 1 year, and was hardly done on a whim.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (May 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Curiouser and curiouser. Sglad is welcomed back despite the fact that his posts were always lies based on his false claim of being a Singapore uni student. Yet a447, who never made a false claim about anything, is now banned simply because he annoyed the board owner.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 23rd, 2017), christianpfc (May 24th, 2017), Nirish guy (May 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So Moses, when are you taking over the board in full and what is YOUR plan / policy re this - do you intend to carry on as is currently that i.e A447, a member here for a LONG time with many many trip reports under his belt and lots of useful information shared over the years "banned" ( as he pissed off the owner and a few other posters / hydra's ) or will that be rescinded ? Likewise as SC seen it fit to ban SGLAD etc - a KNOWN fake / hydra who adds nothing to the board except bullshit and lies, will they remain allowed back ?

Perhaps you could let us know your plans as SG seems to have thrown all his good work in NOT throwing bans about the place JUST because he owns the board out the window now that he's leaving - and considering the rest of us have had to put up with the nonsense posts from the likes of SGLAD and a few others I can think of, who are clearly just playing with us all and posting for nothing more than their own amusement etc it will be useful to know where you see the board going and in what direction that may be as once the fake / hydra / bullshit posts start outweighing the ACTUAL posts from REAL people with REAL experiences then as Smiles has already pointed out I think things can only go in one direction for the board over time - and in my view that slide has already started of late thanks to some of your lets say less than real posters.

Liked

Gent,

no comments for now, since nothing been changed in ownership yet... right now Surfcrest and me are partners, Surfcrest is head of "content and moderation policy dept", I'm head of "technical dept"...

Surfcrest saved that forum, paid for it hosting for years and spend a lot of his private money to give all of us pleasure to read and write here. Please pay respect.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 24th, 2017), sglad (May 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Surfcrest saved that forum, paid for it hosting for years and spend a lot of his private money to give all of us pleasure to read and write here. Please pay respect.
    No one is disputing that nor showing disrespect - but as board members who contribute to the board we are of course entitled to ask / have an opinion.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ...but as board members who contribute to the board we are of course entitled to ask / have an opinion.
    I agree and also think it is OK to ask for an explanation for a particular executive decision. And after that explanation is given (or not), maybe there should be one more chance to appeal it but after that, whatever executive decision that is taken should be accepted as final so that the board can move on. It doesn't mean that there should be endless goading of the moderator and his decision because we don't like it. It's funny how people support a moderator's decision if it goes their way, saying it it is his board after all and it is up to him what he wants to do with it BUT they get all upset and petulant when the decision is not in their favour. I mean do we get endless avenues of appeal in a court of law, or when we approach our sports coach over a dispute? It seems to me that a moderator is only good when he is on our side but not when he is isn't. It's a tad hypocritical, IMHO.
    Last edited by sglad; May 23rd, 2017 at 18:58.