Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: That's enough for now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

The recent trend here does seem to be quite a few members leaving. However, the one thing they all have in common (Fountainhall, Bobsaigon , a447...sort of, and now you) is that the reason they are leaving is because the board owner won't ban the member (s) they want banned. But almost every member has someone or several who want him banned. If Surfcrest listened to the mob then there would literally be no one left.

Except me. Because I'm lovely. Everyone says so. Mmm.

2. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (May 22nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: That's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The recent trend here does seem to be quite a few members leaving. However, the one thing they all have in common (Fountainhall, Bobsaigon , a447...sort of, and now you) is that the reason they are leaving is because the board owner won't ban the member (s) they want banned
    That's a neat little packaged argument - problem is (and I suspect this is also true of Bobsaigon) it is untrue! Oh sure, there are posters here for whom I have made no bones about my dislike of their posts and their posting styles. It is more the descent of this Board over the last couple of years into what is to all intents and purposes a bitchfight between the same handful of members with their same old personal agendas. Maybe it has been like this in much of its incarnation but it was far less so over the last couple of years. I'd venture to suggest it was even becoming civilized!

Not surprisingly, I don't agree with much of Brad's OP - and he probably feels the same of my more recent posts when I decided I'd hit back at those who hit out at me. But I do agree that the way this Board is going, given all the increasingly intense personal in-fighting between just a handful or so of members, the chances of its finding new members must be as near zero as can be.

And in response, don't come out with the old argument about my being some sort of appointed troll detector. The only one I tried to 'out' was the obvious sglad (who, let me remind you, others openly 'suspected' long before I did). Within a few posts it was perfectly clear he was no mid-20s student, certainly no Singaporean and certainly no Chinese! But I'd have let him post away with his fictions had he not attacked me in no uncertain terms. Then he revealed himself as a hydra and it was his own stupid fault he got himself banned. Most posters on all boards are pretty anonymous. He chose to flesh out his persona with a stupid, implausible and easily seen through disguise - very Beachlover-like, in fact!. Now he's back on the gaythailand board but there his barbs and insults have to be tempered due to moderation. LOL