List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Education standards collapsing under the SNP.

Liked

Education standards collapsing under the SNP.

Education standards in Scotland, once seen as the standard bearer of British education have been falling dramatically under the SNP. In power since 200, 7 the last decade have seen a gradual decline in the literacy and numeracy levels north of the border. Perhaps voters in Scotland are beginning to question the wisdom of electing a party to govern if it's going to spend as much energy on it's own agenda. This is yet another blow to under fire Nicola Sturgeon, the SNPs leader who is increasingly looking out of her depth.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...ures-1-4445841

Liked

Re: Education standards collapsing under the SNP.

What do you expect from a hopeless load of communists ? [Although not quite as dumb as some of Corbyn's lot]

Liked

In the words of Theresa May I expect them to "concentrate on the day job."

Liked

With Independence now a political dodo perhaps the Scottish government will concentrate on those matters that the majority of the population actually care about rather than the pie in the sky issue that has dominated their agenda,

Liked

You wouldn't know it from Arsenal or the BBC/MSM but the SNP actually won the election in Scotland both in terms of winning an outright majority of seats and highest share of the vote.

In such circumstances it is arrant nonsense to suggest that the winning party drop its core belief.

Tantamount to suggesting that Arsenal's "Rule Britannia/No Surrender/Fuck The Pope" quasi-coalition should abandon the Tory policy of letting the poor burn to death in Kensington in order to give One Hundred Pound council tax rebates to the rich.

Liked

Moses: it is strangely impossible to use the Pound Sterling sign without the remainder of the post being deleted when uploaded.

Arsenal will be fucking furious - it's akin to a holy icon to him

Liked

Scottish wrote:
    "Moses: it is strangely impossible to use the Pound Sterling sign without the remainder of the post being deleted when uploaded."

This thread is about the failings of The SNP with regards to education in Scotland. Now that independence is as much a part of history as 'the swinging sixties' and free school milk perhaps we can offer some constructive advice on how they can rectify this fall in standards. Please don't hijack the thread to push a personal agenda. Thank you.

Liked

The Scottish people are sufficiently satisfied with the SNP Government's Education reforms that they continue to re-elect it.

Now that you have English Votes For English Laws perhaps you could perhaps be good enough to keep your fucking nose out of what are entirely devolved matters?

After all, I don't come on here ranting about English Grammar Schools.

Liked

Get off your high horse Scottish, you rant about EVERYTHING. Haha. Now, back to the matter in hand. I for one am glad that we are having this adult debate about an important issue. I am also glad that Sturgeon, who as you have admitted has total responsibility for this calamity has recognised her abysmal record and is looking to do better in the future. I'm sure I don't need to post the link again but the statistics are damning.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    ... Sturgeon, who as you have admitted has total responsibility for this calamity..
    Can you point to where I ever admitted that an apparent drop in the now defunct SSLN survey and a very marginal decline in the 2016 PISA scores was a "calamity" and that Nicola Sturgeon was personally and totally responsible

Just for clarity the Eng&Wales PISA score is 483, Scotland's is 481, and Wales is 478 - so we are doing no better or worse than the rest of the UK.

As far as pointing out things you continually assert I've said but which it invariably turns out I didn't say at all - you really need to stop just making stuff up as you're already a bit of a joke on anything to do with Scotland and rapidly heading towards the status of laughing stock