Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Some falangs apparently have little idea of the day-to day lives of the guys who service us. Even during the "good old days" , all but the most favoured and most fortunate depended on the comradeship of their friends to survive. If one of them had a successful night, he'd be expected to help out those of his group who didn't, sharing food, helping with rent and so on.
Of course life was better than working in a rice paddy; that is not denied. And certainly many guys enjoyed themselves immensely, particularly the friendships. Some even found life-partners. But the suggestion that a tip of a few hundred baht- the same as we pay for a beer in Soi Twilight- is enough , particularly when that may be the only tip received in two or three days, is ludicrous.
I never understand why denying a fair payment is so enjoyable, particularly when the price of a drink would be enough to provide a meal for a decent young man and a couple of his mates. What is it? meanness (as Arsenal suggests)? or the expression of a sexual need to be "in charge"? or is it a racial and quasi-political decision? Whatever it is, it's wrong.
What do you consider a fair payment for a shag in Thailand ? Just wondering, I wouldn't know as I do NOT have paid sex, might as well wank..