Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Rich @ Swampy and other Airport Line tales

Banned
    Liked

Super Rich @ Swampy and other Airport Line tales

Someone has probably posted about this before (a447? His posts are a goldmine of information about life in Bangkok outside the gay ghetto, I'm sure you'll agree) but it was news to me. The last time I had used the Airport Line to travel between the airport and my luxurious penthouse my recollection is that there was a Super Rich stall on the same level as the Airport Line but outside the entry gates. Going there recently to meet a friend I saw that Super Rich what looks like a spanking new booth, however it's inside the station barriers, which isn't of much help to those who want the Super FX rates, usually the best in town, while at the airport but don't want to travel by train (I guess they can always patronise the Super Rich booth at Silom Complex if they can afford the taxi ride from the Pinnacle Hotel or whatever doss house they're using)

In fact travelling via the Airport Line is such a rare occurrence for me that my (blue) Elder card had expired and had to be replaced by a new one. The only difference I could see is the colour - the new one is somewhat like the colour of the Elder MRT pass. I suppose when the universal Spider card is introduced sometime this year - or maybe 2018, or 2020 - the colour of the card may help the staff make the appropriate changeover. However I couldn't see "Elder" inscribed anywhere on the card, so maybe it's just encoded. It certainly flashed up when I went through the gates

It will be interesting to see the queues of those exchanging their current cards for the new universal card, whenever it is introduced. I had to to wait 5 minutes while the lass at Makkasan filled out various forms before my replacement was finalised

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 12th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Super Rich @ Swampy and other Airport Line tales

NO< you need glasses or dit not look well: besides the orange SR there are also 5 or 6 other competing ditto exchanges, left of the ticket booth for ARL (the old side where the expresses, long since abandoned, left) and as most people only seem to know about SR-juct check what other Rates are-mostly they are all near the same and have no Qs. THis is coming off plane, I assume you looked at it coming off train?
    ONLY and repeat ONLY Thai are entitled to senior discounts on that line. Only the MRT offers half fare-and thats on single tokens purchased at the booth. There have been some nasty tales of farang seniors bereft of their discount cards by stern Thai checking ladies!
    SR also has a booth )closes by 21.00) at the other end of the ARL-on connect bridge to BTS.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 12th, 2017)

Liked

Oops!

Lol

a447 blah..blah..blah..
    Frequent, you are fake and I am real. So I can stick to posting about the ghettos, as I have nothing to prove.

You, on the other hand, have been on a posting rampage ever since I re-posted comments, including from yourself (What an idiot! lol) showing that you do not live in Thailand - the story about being an ex-pat was shown to be a lie.

So you started flooding the board with posts containing minute detail in a desperate and farcical attempt to prove you have been living in Thailand for 3 decades. And you are still at it! Such flooding has not been seen on this forum since the days of Beachlover (a friend, perhaps?)

What you don't understand is that anyone who visits as a tourist can post such information; it does not prove you are living there.

(Time, perhaps, to remind us yet again how intelligent you are?)

BTW, there was a time when you were supposedly living in Britain, remember?

You are such a sad, pathetic little desperado! Lol

Oh, and while I'm "visiting", what's going on with all these "newbies" who have mysteriously appeared on the board all of a sudden? They are obviously trolls and are being called out after their first post.

Is someone playing silly buggers (who could that be, I wonder?) or is someone desperately trying to inject life into a board which has effectively been hijacked by one member, thereby discouraging others from participating?
    Last edited by a447; May 8th, 2017 at 08:45.

Liked

Superrich often has the best rates, but not always. They adjust their rates on saturday whilst the mainstream Thai banks do not. In any case branches and kiosks have lower rates than superrich's main office at Ratchadamri fyi. Their Nana kiosk is also inside the Bts barriers.

By the way, the arl has become a nightmare, I suppose it's ok when you get out at makkasan or Phayathai, but hell to pay if you need to get out at say Ramkhamhaeng.

Banned
    Liked

I use Transferwise for all my FX transactions bringing the vast profits from my worldwide activities into a Thai bank account. However unless you want to spend half the day traipsing up and down the street, cash in hand, so as to squeeze the last satang out of the moneychangers (and I understand there are those hardy sex tourists who do) then defaulting to Super Rich is probably a reasonable option

As I recall there's a Super Rich at On Nut BTS station outside the ticket barriers

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    ...Frequent....You are such a sad, pathetic little desperado...
    I must protest!

I am taking credit for coining the phrase " GAY Desperado " on this board and I will not stand by and watch it being misquoted

Liked

No doubt in reference to the same pathetic little loser.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

geez...all so angry...now wheres my bullet proof vest.

Liked

Liked

"Near the Clinic" it says - that should come in handy for Mr Poxxx