Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel Bangkok $25 w/breakfast

Liked

Re: Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel Bangkok $25 w/breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    " ... Is it gay friendly? ... "
    I never really get folks who ask this question. Pretty well all hotels in Thailand simply don't give a tinkers damn whether one is gay or not ... unless it's name is 'Atlanta'. What they do give a damn about is what's in your wallet. Pretty well universal, that. (Unless it's name is 'Atlanta')
    As far as I'm aware ~ and I stay at the Pinnacle a lot ~ there is no extra fee if you haul a Thai guy up to your room for english lessons. It's cool.

Up until a few years ago the Pinnacle Lumphini was a quite obvious lay-over hotel for gay farang and their nightly chosen. In the morning the breakfast buffet room would be chock-a-block full of lone gay farang, gay farang with boy friend, gay farang with over-nighters. At a guess I would have said 4 or 5 years ago ~ and many years before that ~ the breakfast room would have been a non-scientific 70% 'Obvious-Gay'.
    But no more. Now it's 70% or more 'Obvious-Straight': i.e. really bad dressers, hoards of middle aged Chinese, lots of loud younger Russians.

We still like the Pinnacle. The rooms are clean, the price is right, the location is funky, the Metro is a block away, the parking is secure, the restaurant/bar on the roof has decent food, a gentle breeze, and a great view. And it's close to the Canadian Embassy when I pick up my annual income statement.
    Last edited by Smiles; May 6th, 2017 at 23:59.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 7th, 2017)

Liked

Hahahaha K Robbie...
    I like this hotel as an economical way to enjoy a couple of days in Bangkok.
    There is an elevator from the garage area to the first floor...enters in the kitchen and thru the dining room to the reception area.
    I do like the breakfast buffet...and the staff are always helpful.

My favorite Bangkok hotel is the Courtyard Marriott. I like staying there for one night at a time. About $80 +/- Senior rate.
    As a Gold Marriott Rewards Member I get complimentary access to the Executive Lounge...
    with complimentary breakfast, beverages, snacks and happy hour in the evening with assorted food.

When I choose to stay I request an early check-in of 10am and late check out of 4pm. Usually granted :-)
    and usually with an upgraded large corner room.

Tj
    Tj

Liked

Thanks Jim for your ALWAYS informative and helpful information ---- just one request, could you quote prices in Thai Baht as this is Thailand and we are not all American. :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

Up until a few years ago the Pinnacle Lumphini was a quite obvious lay-over hotel for gay farang and their nightly chosen. In the morning the breakfast buffet room would be chock-a-block full of lone gay farang, gay farang with boy friend, gay farang with over-nighters. At a guess I would have said 4 or 5 years ago ~ and many years before that ~ the breakfast room would have been a non-scientific 70% 'Obvious-Gay'.
    But no more. Now it's 70% or more 'Obvious-Straight': i.e. really bad dressers, hoards of middle aged Chinese, lots of loud younger Russians.
    I do wonder where all the gays gone Boyz Boyz Boyz that used to be exclusively gay now packed with straight couples and women,Same as for the Ambiance hotel in Pataya, far less clients at the boys bar on Bangkok,Pattaya and Phuket, the gay beach in Patong was gone ...
    Are we the gays extinct species?

Liked

" ... Are we the gays extinct species? ... "
    TravelerJim and his right-wing tosh may well be on the road to extinction, but no ... in the actual real world it's all about demographics my man, demographics.
    Bit of a drama queen there BOY69, aren't we?. Try a lie down.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

7. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 8th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I do wonder where all the gays gone Boyz Boyz Boyz that used to be exclusively gay now packed with straight couples and women,Same as for the Ambiance hotel in Pataya, far less clients at the boys bar on Bangkok,Pattaya and Phuket, the gay beach in Patong was gone ...
    Are we the gays extinct species?
    Your point is well taken. As a very long term expat living in L.O.S. I am keenly aware that Thailand today is a far cry from the gay meca I knew years ago. I have witnessed the death of Sunee Plaza, the near death of the gay scene in Chiang Mai, Boystown is but a remnant of what it was and Soi twilight is a far cry from its past as well as working boys that were exclusively Thai now being replaced with economic refugees from Cambodia and Vietnam to deny this is to be in denial, there is no reason to expect this trend to change be it the rise of dating apps, an improving economy, or a change in the current political climate.
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; May 7th, 2017 at 09:36.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

9. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (May 7th, 2017)

Liked

Good to see that Traveller Jim has posted his travel plans.
    A gentleman of the 1st degree is he.
    Re Hotels:
    It's about business.
    If you can pay and if you're "low key"you can bring Siamese Twins to your room in most places in Thailand provided their combined age is 36 minimum.
    Also there are short time rooms all over Thailand (where you park you car behind a curtain) to facilitate hanky- panky.
    But DON'T walk from the beach through Pattaya, Jomtien Complex or hotel lobby 90% naked.

11. User who gave Like to post:

travelerjim (May 8th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    there are short time rooms all over Thailand (where you park you car behind a curtain) to facilitate hanky- panky...
    I never particularly liked hanky-panky.

I always preferred a bit of slap & tickle or a good old fashioned session of how's-your-father

13. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (May 8th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I never particularly liked hanky-panky.

I always preferred a bit of slap & tickle or a good old fashioned session of how's-your-father
    I prefer to stick with plain vanilla funny business which is often preceded by a bit of fooling around

Liked

Ooh what do you mean do I go all the way !

sgt6.jpg

16. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (May 8th, 2017)