Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Did none of you guys ever learn to type with 10 fingers blindly ? It's pretty easy to do, no need to have my eyes on the keyboard at all...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Did none of you guys ever learn to type with 10 fingers blindly ? It's pretty easy to do, no need to have my eyes on the keyboard at all...
    That's what I thought too at first, and I'm coming from 16 years of experience in the software industry, so if anyone should know how to type blindly, it's me.

Give it a try though. Close your eyes, don't open them, and bang out a couple paragraphs of text. I bet you don't type blindly as well as you think you do.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    That's what I thought too at first, and I'm coming from 16 years of experience in the software industry, so if anyone should know how to type blindly, it's me.

Give it a try though. Close your eyes, don't open them, and bang out a couple paragraphs of text. I bet you don't type blindly as well as you think you do.
    I always type blind, I never ever lay my eyes on the keyboard, however yes sometimes we do make a mistake or two, as my typing speed is very very high. And yes I do work in the software industry, about 25 years now.

Liked

I always type blind, I never ever lay my eyes on the keyboard, however yes sometimes we do make a mistake or two, as my typing speed is very very high. And yes I do work in the software industry, about 25 years now.

Did you try it? If not, try it. Close your eyes, and bang out 40 lines of code. I bet you take glances at your keyboard more than you realize.

Liked

For clarification, when you type blind, do you not look at the screen as you type? I as assuming that matt cannot see the screen or , if so , only partially.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    For clarification, when you type blind, do you not look at the screen as you type? I as assuming that matt cannot see the screen or , if so , only partially.
    Yes I do look at the screen, not at all at the keyboard, even though matt seems to believe I am confused maybe he thinks we are talking about those pesky touch keyboards, but I am talking about good old fashioned mechanical keyboard, where you could actually feel the keys

Liked

I think I can confidently answer that, Nirish.

He has connected his computer to those huge "Isaan size speakers" he told us he owns and can now hear the sounds more clearly as he types.

So we can be assured he won't be typing anything like this again:

"morrre "

or this:

"Qw'll aww qhT Gppwna I fuwaa".

Thank god! It took me ages to work out what he was trying to say. Lol

And he forgot to tell us what he heard as he was typing these "words".

Justaguy, he never told us that was his method of typing since going "blind". In retrospect, I bet he wishes he had.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I think I can confidently answer that, Nirish.

He has connected his computer to those huge "Isaan size speakers" he told us he owns and can now hear the sounds more clearly as he types.

So we can be assured he won't be typing anything like this again:

"morrre "

or this:

"Qw'll aww qhT Gppwna I fuwaa".

Thank god! It took me ages to work out what he was trying to say. Lol

And he forgot to tell us what he heard as he was typing these "words".

Justaguy, he never told us that was his method of typing since going "blind". In retrospect, I bet he wishes he had.

You remind me of that one pigeon who keeps flying into the house, trying to steal any sticky rice Leo may have left out on the counter. Keep batting him away, and he just keeps coming back.

Keep going, big guy. Again, your words speak more about you than they do me.

Liked

Oi Freaky. Where's my fucking MRT question? It's always a thrill.

Liked

I wouldn't hold my breath. He's busy in his tiny bedsitter in the suburbs of South Brisbane - poverty central as it's known - "composing his trip report."

I'm hanging on here with bated breath wondering where we went together.

I hope it's somewhere not too rainy. I do so hate wet weather.

And let's hope the hotel was one which suited my budget and not his. But I have a horrible feeling we stayed at an air bnb. Oh, dear!

I'm guessing our destination was Mali or maybe even Benin. I reckon matt could probably type those places without too much effort.

Besides, I've never been to Africa.

But given his rather poor knowledge of geography - he once posted that Venezuela was Brazil (WTF??) - it could be anywhere!

Lol