Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Great. Make this about your crush Christian. This is why the troll continues to thrive.
    Let's remember, that while I'm in this mood to ban people...stuff like this just begs for a multiple orgasm.

Surfcrest

Liked

Banned? Who?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Banned? Who?
    a447 had his ass booted a couple days ago, because after over a year of trying to bully everyone and pick fights, Surfcrest got fed up with his antics.

That, ans Surfcrest is obviously growing tiresome of running this board, which I don't blame him for. These days, I wouldn't even take control of this site if it was offered to me for free, let alone buy it.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; May 24th, 2017 at 13:25.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 24th, 2017), frequent (May 24th, 2017), Tintin (May 25th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    There is no such announcement from 2 to B1 or from B1 to 2 (skipping G in both cases)
    The Book of Common Prayer has a Collect that includes the phrase "read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest". Native English speakers would have recognised that the qualifier "but only, I think" to be an acknowledgement that it does not happen all the time
    However, there is another recent (could have been end of last year, I don't walk there that often) change on the walkway/skywalk to BTS. When you come from the lift and walk above Silom road. Can you, frequent, name that change? And don't tell us you've gone blind, that's cndmatt's schtick.
    I'm guessing you're talking about the bank of lock-up left-luggage lockers. My only comment is that they seem to work intermittently since I've walked past several times of an afternoon only to see some technician with his computer out fixing some problem or other, so I certainly wouldn't be trusting anything of mine of any value to them. Oh, and further but irrelevant detail - they're on the right-hand side as you're walking from Saladaeng BTS station, before you turn right and head for the MRT lifts

Anything else I can help you with?

Liked

Freaky wrote:
    "Anything else I can help you with?

Yea. Where can I get a really good pastrami on rye with all the fixins'?

Liked

That's what I meant, the yellow self storage facility. Wasn't there when I passed last time (last year?).

IMG_2506edit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    The Book of Common Prayer has a Collect that includes the phrase "read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest". Native English speakers would have recognised that the qualifier "but only, I think" to be an acknowledgement that it does not happen all the time.
    The lift is run by a computer, and for a computer, there is no "sometimes yes, sometimes not".

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Did I read this correctly? You actually went down to the MRT station to check this out? Really? It didn't occur to you that he might just be throwing up some random shit to see who would lick it up, as you did? Honestly, are you all that easy? The fact that you actually bothered to verify and "falsify" (sic) his bait must have him laughing all the way to his Troll Cave. I'm sure he doesn't care that you caught him out. His mission was accomplished when you read his post and took it seriously instead of rolling your eyes and clicking over it; it became a huge success when you actually went down to the MRT site.
    You can throw shit only a few times, after that, it doesn't stick any more (figuratively speaking). Why would a troll waste a try with something that simple to verify/falsify. I wonder that nobody checked before me. A troll would use claims that are not easy to verify (like being of certain nationality and age, or having a disability).
    Last edited by christianpfc; May 24th, 2017 at 16:49.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 24th, 2017), francois (May 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Banned? Who?
    All moved and now located in the Feedback Forum section at the bottom of the site.

Banned
    Liked

The lift is run by a computer, and for a computer, there is no "sometimes yes, sometimes not".
    You are confusing the binary nature of computer machine code (ie. it's either 0 or 1) with the way computers are programmed. The most common decision tree includes an "IF ... THEN ... ELSE" statement, within which multiple alternative IF THEN ELSE statements may be nested. It is not simply a question of the announcement being either made or not; I've observed multiple variations as I use it almost every day, hence my caveat about there being no overall, absolute rule

And that's before we get to programming instructions such as DO ... WHILE

Liked

Yes, those "if ... else" statements, and "do { } while ( )" will get you every time.

heh

a

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You can throw shit only a few times, after that, it doesn't stick any more (figuratively speaking). Why would a troll waste a try with something that simple to verify/falsify. I wonder that nobody checked before me. A troll would use claims that are not easy to verify (like being of certain nationality and age, or having a disability).
    Hi. Firstly, I would like to clear something up. I wasn't calling Christian a troll in the post that Surfcrest referenced above. What I meant was/is that when we turn against each other instead of identifying the trolling activity/behaviour, the troll master would have succeeded in his objectives. Actually, we shouldn't even bother with identifying/discussing the trolling behaviour - the smartest thing to do is to ignore it - but I'm going to contradict myself for a few minutes by discussing it so please bear with me.

Which brings me to Christian's post above. I guess you're talking about my identity. As I've said before, you can choose to believe me, or not. You needn't go any further than that. As for cdnmatt, I don't know and don't care. See how easy it is to ignore something?

Back to the so-called quiz. The fact that you got up from your chair, got dressed, left your house, spent money!!!, and headed to the MRT station to participate in this silly quiz means that you have provided the troll master with multiple orgasms. It's not the veracity of the content or the actual question or about wasting the number of tries - all that doesn't matter - it's about provoking you into a reaction and you did so splendidly. Not only that, you came back here and reported your findings. The troll master must have had to use up another roll of toilet paper to clean himself up!

I'm not so sure that lessons will be learned from this experience (I'm referring to your "you can only throw shit a few times" remark). I mean how long has this been going on? To extend the shit metaphor, when the shit hits the fan, all the troll master has to do is lie low for a while before resurfacing after some time with an an even more outrageous provocation and, as long as somebody responds, the "fun and games" will continue. That's all I'm going to say on this matter as I feel the troll master has been fed enough. No offence intended, Christian.
    Last edited by sglad; May 24th, 2017 at 21:20.

13. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (May 24th, 2017)