Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    That's what I thought too at first, and I'm coming from 16 years of experience in the software industry, so if anyone should know how to type blindly, it's me.

Give it a try though. Close your eyes, don't open them, and bang out a couple paragraphs of text. I bet you don't type blindly as well as you think you do.
    I always type blind, I never ever lay my eyes on the keyboard, however yes sometimes we do make a mistake or two, as my typing speed is very very high. And yes I do work in the software industry, about 25 years now.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    I always type blind, I never ever lay my eyes on the keyboard, however yes sometimes we do make a mistake or two, as my typing speed is very very high. And yes I do work in the software industry, about 25 years now.

Did you try it? If not, try it. Close your eyes, and bang out 40 lines of code. I bet you take glances at your keyboard more than you realize.

Liked

Oi Freaky. Where's my fucking MRT question? It's always a thrill.

Liked

I wouldn't hold my breath. He's busy in his tiny bedsitter in the suburbs of South Brisbane - poverty central as it's known - "composing his trip report."

I'm hanging on here with bated breath wondering where we went together.

I hope it's somewhere not too rainy. I do so hate wet weather.

And let's hope the hotel was one which suited my budget and not his. But I have a horrible feeling we stayed at an air bnb. Oh, dear!

I'm guessing our destination was Mali or maybe even Benin. I reckon matt could probably type those places without too much effort.

Besides, I've never been to Africa.

But given his rather poor knowledge of geography - he once posted that Venezuela was Brazil (WTF??) - it could be anywhere!

Lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Seriously though, are you really going to go there? You already insuinated my BF is a low-life thief, with absolutely no clue who he is. Now you're going to call me a liar for going blind as well?
    Well now I think I've already covered the no one called your bf a thief, I merely stated that what with you being blind ( or partially sighted as you've just now clarified for us) ANY boy could perhaps rob you "blind" ( no pun intended) and I stand by that comment. Perhaps though as you're now confirming that you do have some sight ( 6% or so) that allows you to check the basics such as what bank notes you're looking at etc, as if not then you're still wide open from ANY boy who deicdes to roll you - that is just a fact and not my opinion. The fact that you state you've found a good guy who you believe won't and isn't doing that on you is great and I'm happy for you about that. Out of interest though so DID you give him your bank account PIN numbers etc to all you accounts or did you hold some of those back - as if you did then you're simply confirming my very same view that you like the rest of us are open to the possibilty of being screwed over by ANY guy or THE guy you're with - and that's the same for the rest of us, you just seem to be insisting on keep on harping back to this current BF of yours, who I've never implied has stolen a single thing from you.

As for the going blind thing - hey, if you say you're blind you're blind. I'm not a doctor nor qualified to comment on that. But I am able and willing to ask things like "so, blind or partially sighted" just so I'm clear what you're talking about as I'm sure even you would agree when someone goes blind ( or partially sighted) over the course of a few days it seems and does claim to have done to much in the way of seeking any serious medical advice or treatment re that - other than going to your local hospital, not liking what you were told there or how the doctors treated you, but then just came up and gave up trying to get yourself in a better position well I'm sure even you would be saying "wow, how strange is THAT" - but no doubt you've got your reasons and I'm sure you'll happily explain that if you felt like it - or not, I don't mind either way. But blind, over night and not giving a shit about treatment - yeah, I think I'll always probably say "Oh really, wow, how strange" when someone tells me that - I guess that says more about me than it does about you - and I'm ok with that.

And before you say "you don't know shit about what I've been though with Doctors etc" - you're right I don't as I'm only going by the little you've posted on the subject.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Magnum (May 17th, 2017)

Liked

For clarification, when you type blind, do you not look at the screen as you type? I as assuming that matt cannot see the screen or , if so , only partially.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    For clarification, when you type blind, do you not look at the screen as you type? I as assuming that matt cannot see the screen or , if so , only partially.
    Yes I do look at the screen, not at all at the keyboard, even though matt seems to believe I am confused maybe he thinks we are talking about those pesky touch keyboards, but I am talking about good old fashioned mechanical keyboard, where you could actually feel the keys

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes I do look at the screen, not at all at the keyboard, even though matt seems to believe I am confused
    Justaguy I'm with you and know what you mean as I do roughly the same and I too have one of the old trusted bang the letters hard keyboard ( in work) and a soft touch at home and my work keyboard is SO much easier and faster to type on. Like you I also ( have to) look at the screen as I type and and whilst I'm not a never look down man I have maybe looked down in total maybe 4 or 5 times whilst typing this message, but that's more as I use a mac keyboard at home and PC at work so the lettering is different and it's hard to remember which is which sometimes - but even the 4 or 5 times is whilst sitting typing with only the glare of the screen illuminating the room as I was just passing the computer and glanced at it without bothering to turn the light on when I stopped to send this message. So, I'm with you, I think what you're doing is fairly normal ( to me anyway). I guess Matt if he can't see at all relies on some speech reading . writing software perhaps ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

who types and looks at the keyboard???? must be some sort of disability definition for that...don't u instinctively know where to press??? I purposefully dont have autp correct so I can monitor if my typing is still good enough.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    who types and looks at the keyboard???? must be some sort of disability definition for that...don't u instinctively know where to press??? I purposefully dont have autp correct so I can monitor if my typing is still good enough.
    Sorry dude, but your writing sucks. Generally, every few words I have to listen to "dot dot dot dot".

Don't feel too bad, because Smiles is the same.