Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Quote Originally Posted by lego View Post
    So we have a young and otherwise healthy Bitcoin millionaire who suddenly goes blind while staying in Thailand. Then what? He doesn't make any attempt to seek the opinion of and possibly treatment from properly trained medical doctors, maybe in his homeland Canada or at least in Singapore? He just stays on in Thailand, content with the local quacks and with his fate? Seriously, that's pretty much 100% unbelievable. If I had a serious health issue that didn't prevent me from flying home, I'd be on the very next plane.
    First, when have I ever said I'm rich? Please don't put words in my mouth. Yes, I've said I work in the bitcoin industry because it pays better. And yes, I've said we live a comfortable life and don't go without, but that's a far cry from being rich. We're fine, but I ain't no Mark Cuban, that's for sure. All in, we spend about 80,000 baht/month, and I don't know a single Westerner who would consider that rich.

I'm working on getting to Singapore for a 2nd opinion, but all in I'm looking at probably around 6,000,000 baht by the time we're settled into a new house in Chiang Mai. I simply don't have that much right now, but am working on it. That, and I'm not anxious about it anyway. I'm sure the current diagnosis is current and itt is optic nerve damage, which means it's permanent, and no doctor in the world can fix it. Besides, I'm totally fine with being blind nowadays.

As for going back to Canada, why would I? My dad actually came out for an emergency trip to "save me" and bring me back, but I flat our refused. Why would I go back? Regardless of Canada or Thailand, I'm still blind.

At the time I was already terrified, and going back would have meant getting rid of everything in my life that is good and makes me comfortable. Leo, my dogs, home, neighborhood, community, city I've lived in for 7+ yyears, etc. I know every square inch of my house, and same goes for my local area.

Plus I know where in the city to go for everything I could need. Vet clinics, barber shops, markets, groceries, hospital, etc. For example, I know if I need something for the kitchen, go through the front doors at Central, go right, end of the mall is Robinson's. 4th floor, right of the escalator is the kitchen stuff. Granted, I need help getting there nowadays, but aat least I know where everything is.

Plus, although can't say I'm friends with them, but I know loads of people in the area, and they know me. They were beyond amazing at the beginning, as I knew they would be. Just small things like offering me a ride home, helping cross the street, get up / down sidewalk curbs, etc. They don't really help anymore because I don't need it anymore, but I did at first. Their support was of tremendous help, and there's no way I'd have that level of support in Canada, because it's more of an isolated society.

Ok, so I would have to throw all that away, and fly 12,000km across the globe to a residence and city I've never stepped foot in before, and where I don't know anyone, anywhere, anything, nothing. I was already terrified, and doing that would just run the risk of putting me in a massive suicidal depression. Not to mention, I would of had to live with my parents for the first few months, and living with my dad would drive me mentally insane.

On top of all that, who would take care of me in Canada? My parents can't, nor can my other family, and I don't really have friends there anymore. Granted, I took a decent risk because Leo and myself barely knew each other at the time, but thankfully that gamble paid off. In Canada, I would probably of had to move to some assisted living facility, and get fucked if you think I'm doing that. I'll stick it out here with Leo, thanks.

I'm absolutely I made the right decision by staying. For one, I have Leo in my life now, so that's pretty fucken cool. On top of that, it took me about 4 months to become confident being blind, and the first month is a throwaway due to emotional shock. Now I don't really know, but I'd say that's pretty fucken quick, and no way it would have been that quick in Canada.n

Ok, wow, that was way too long. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; May 18th, 2017 at 03:41.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (May 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh geez....too much print...got bored by paragraph 2

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    oh geez....too much print...got bored by paragraph 2

If that's the case, you must give amazing quality assurance audits. "Fuck it, I'm bored, give me $5000, and I'll just sign off on this as a clean and healthy establishment.".
    n

5. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (May 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

for a supposedly not so rich bit coin blind billionaire with a mercedes and room for a pony...oh fuck...forgot what i was gonna type...damn spilled my wine...

Liked

Uh oh!

Frequent, where are you??

Quick! Come back!

Two of your attack chow-chows are at each other's throats!

And they're both questioning each other's credibility.

Oh, and BTW, any news on the "trip report" front? Have you decided yet where we went?

Lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

a447....u should know by now I'm a labradoodle.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Leave him be. He's like some past his best paranoid drunk, at the end of a night out on the town, whirling round in the street with his fists up, hurling abuse at passers by, just desperate for a fight, any fight.

10. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (May 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

more like twirling his knock off versace handbag...

12. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (May 24th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Leave him be.
    Excellent advice! I suggest you take it.

But before you do, how about answering these questions :

You have called for me to be banned ("pushed") from the board.

A) why do you not make the same call for frequent, who tried to destroy the board in Thailand by posting links to sites which denigrated a certain Thai family?

What do you consider I have done which could be more serious than that?

B) why did you give a "like" to Surfcrest's post in which he stated his opposition to banning?

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...OYGENIUS/page2

Hypocritical, non?

Liked

a447, just a bit of sarcasm by Brad mocking latintop not a dig at you, I hope.