Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

So far, you flew under my radar. But here is something I can easily verify or falsify:
    Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I'm wondering if any other poster is able to answer the following question:
    At which Bangkok MRT station(s) and between which levels is there a prerecorded apology "Sorry to keep you waiting" made in the lift? The supplementary question is: In which direction of travel is the announcement made? Up, down or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    The answer is - Silom MRT when you take the lift between the station concourse and the overhead walkway to Saladaeng BTS. On the way up - no apology. On the way down (but I think only if you call the lift up from the concourse) - apology. I thought it an easy-peasy question (except for your average sex tourist, and even then they're the mass-transit stations most likely), but apparently not
    And I did so on Friday. There is no such announcement from 2 to B1 or from B1 to 2 (skipping G in both cases). The announcement in the lift is something like "Going up/down. At ... level." At quite low volume, while the doors are open you can't understand anything for the noise from outside, and while doors are closed you have to pay attention to what is said to understand.

Then I found there is another lift from B1 to B3, but didn't repeat there. If you mean that lift, please specify from which to which level.

However, there is another recent (could have been end of last year, I don't walk there that often) change on the walkway/skywalk to BTS. When you come from the lift and walk above Silom road. Can you, frequent, name that change? And don't tell us you've gone blind, that's cndmatt's schtick.

Liked

They seek im ere'
    They seek im there
    They seek ol' Freaky everywhere
    Is he in Bangkok
    Who can tell
    They said the same about Kommie as well.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    So far, you flew under my radar. But here is something I can easily verify or falsify:

And I did so on Friday. There is no such announcement from 2 to B1 or from B1 to 2 (skipping G in both cases). The announcement in the lift is something like "Going up/down. At ... level." At quite low volume, while the doors are open you can't understand anything for the noise from outside, and while doors are closed you have to pay attention to what is said to understand.

Then I found there is another lift from B1 to B3, but didn't repeat there. If you mean that lift, please specify from which to which level.

However, there is another recent (could have been end of last year, I don't walk there that often) change on the walkway/skywalk to BTS. When you come from the lift and walk above Silom road. Can you, frequent, name that change? And don't tell us you've gone blind, that's cndmatt's schtick.
    Did I read this correctly? You actually went down to the MRT station to check this out? Really? It didn't occur to you that he might just be throwing up some random shit to see who would lick it up, as you did? Honestly, are you all that easy? The fact that you actually bothered to verify and "falsify" (sic) his bait must have him laughing all the way to his Troll Cave. I'm sure he doesn't care that you caught him out. His mission was accomplished when you read his post and took it seriously instead of rolling your eyes and clicking over it; it became a huge success when you actually went down to the MRT site.
    Last edited by sglad; May 24th, 2017 at 03:25.

Liked

Christian walks the walk and not just talks the talk unlike this forum's word-merchants who speak an infinite deal of nothing

“You speak an infinite deal of nothing.”
    ― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Christian walks the walk and not just talks the talk unlike this forum's word-merchants who speak an infinite deal of nothing

“You speak an infinite deal of nothing.”
    ― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
    Either he "walks the talk" or he is a tedious fool (Measure for Measure). Who in their right mind would even care about MRT announcements? The troll knows he will get caught out but he gets double pleasure from knowing that there are people who will bite even with such super dumb bait.

Liked

Christian is neither a fool nor tedious which is more than can be said about some others.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 24th, 2017), christianpfc (May 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Christian is neither a fool nor tedious which is more than can be said about some others.
    Great. Make this about your crush Christian. This is why the troll continues to thrive.

Liked

Agreed, Christian is no fool, and I'd say quite the opposite. He's a highly intelligent, cold, and calculating individual, which is one of the many things that scare the shit out of me about him.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

very German traits...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    great. Make this about your crush christian. This is why the troll continues to thrive.