Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Low season?

Liked

Low season?

I always traveled to Thailand on the high season between November to April in the past ,this year due to work obligations I will be able to come for a month at mid of July,is the weather really too bad in this season?
    Are the bars and the gay scene weak and deserted ?
    I really don't want just to stay boring in my room. Any advise will be appreciate, thanks.

Liked

Re: Low season?

July? The weather will be hot, but you'll also be in the middle of the rainy season, so that should keep it cool enough to be comfortable.

As for bars and hookers, no idea, as it's been a long time. Assuming it's anything like I remember though, then you won't have a problem finding a cute companion for a night.
    q
    Last edited by Surfcrest; April 30th, 2017 at 07:44.

Liked

I'm going to be there in August this year, so will also be interested to see what it's like at that time of year. I don't really like crowds, so don't mind if it's relatively quiet...but also don't really like being the only customer in the bars...so hopefully a happy medium will be achieved!! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Aux1010 View Post
    I'm going to be there in August this year, so will also be interested to see what it's like at that time of year. I don't really like crowds, so don't mind if it's relatively quiet...but also don't really like being the only customer in the bars...so hopefully a happy medium will be achieved!! :-)
    August and September are the most wet months in Bangkok and Pattaya

so, be ready, sample - August 19, 2015, Bangkok

150819091520-05-bangkok-blast-0819-super-169.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    August and September are the most wet months in Bangkok and Pattaya
    I can't answer for Pattaya, never having lived there, but there's nothing remarkable about August - it's certainly not one of Bangkok's wettest months. In my (30 years') experience the significantly wet weather in Bangkok starts around mid-September, October is a really wet month, and the rain continues to mid-November, sometimes a bit later. It's really a question of how rapidly the monsoon shifts from north to south in any given year. It's therefore impossible to generalise for Bangkok and Pattaya as there will be a lag of a week or two between Bangkok and Pattaya - Phuket even more so. The monsoon starts as early as May in the north

But to the OP's question - August is not an especially wet month in Bangkok, but you may find many boys have gone home to their village before the monsoon begins

Liked

I was there (Pattaya) in early September last year and had a fantastic time. Enough boys to keep me busy and particularly eager to be offed too.

Liked

For the past few years I've made a trip some time during July/Aug and sometimes early September. It is warmer but the humidity seems relatively low (at least out in Jomtien where I stay). I've always brought an undershirt but never needed it. Restaurants, the beach, and bars may not be as populated but I like having less competition for tables, seats, etc. Jomtien Complex was well stocked last year and from what I read is going strong and should be during the summer. Do pack an umbrella though as storms can appear quite suddenly. I enjoy low season.

Liked

Thanks all !
    I will be 2 weeks on Pattaya ,less than 2 weeks in Phuket and the last 3 days in Bangkok I hope the weather will be reasonable this year , from what I see on the last 2 years the monsoons continue till the end of January so I guess it's a matter of luck.
    I was shocked how everything is cheaper in the low season I ordered and paid less than a third for my hotels in Pattaya and Phuket compared the prices in the high season. In Bangkok I booked the Siam Heritage Boutique because they offered a nice deal with complimentary generous breakfast and the location is great, I hope it's gay friendly because I never stayed there before.

Liked

Some words on rainy season here: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...ny-season.html

I enjoyed low seasons as much as high seasons. No shortage of cute boys, but tourist numbers and hotel prices much lower than in high season.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 1st, 2017), Oliver (May 1st, 2017), splinter1949 (May 1st, 2017)

Liked

i arrive in 4 weeks too
    cant wait