Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BKK brief observations...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

BKK brief observations...

landed on friday evening after dreadful China Southern flight....why are the seats sooo small and hard...
    Amount of willing and able MB on Grindr undiminished...3 down...lots more to go...averaged cost BHT 960
    Love what they've done to the Malaysia hotel's alfresco dining area...as well as the cosmetic upgrade to the rest of the hotel...

Liked

Re: BKK brief observations...

I will be in BKK 22 May and was thinking of booking a few nights at the Malaysia. More out of habit. I have not been in BKK for 2 years. What are the changes made to the hotel? As an aside some 25+ years ago when I first ventured to Thailand the Malaysia was so much fun. Mostly because of the MB who congregated in the cafe. That is long gone and I guess they are trying to upgrade the hotel and its image. Ah..fond memories.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (April 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I loved the little outdoor eating area with the fish pond to watch. Hope that is still there.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (April 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Small cosmetic upgrades. Outdoor dining area enlarged by removing most of the fish pond and garden that took up most of one wall. Corridors leading to rooms repainted, new faster elevator, my room has new floor.
    And yes not a single mb to be seen loitering. But don't despair, Grindr and Babylon more than compensate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What about BKK itself in terms of busy or not ?

My fairing mate went for songkran and after the main partying was over said Bkk emptied and died ( as is usual of course but he said way more than is usual) and likewise he's in Pattaya just now and is saying exactly the same thing re there with bar owners etc saying it's the worst they seen it in 16 years ( Strangely they put that exact number on it too apparently ?? He sent me a pic of himself sitting outside one of the bars in Boystown at 1am on this Friday evening past there and he was about the only customer and the boys that where dotted around the shot were all sitting looking bored out of their minds and half of them on their phones ( no doubt on Grindr trying to FIND a customer). He did say that grindr was busy and he'd no problems sitting laid but in terms of entertainment and having a bit of fun and enjoyment out at night etc he said it was dead ?

Oh by the way as seems to be the norm now on the board you will of course have to produce a pic, let say with a bar menu from Soi 4, complete with a used money boy looking angry that he's just been used and underpaid and hmmmm lets see oh yes, the bridle reins for a small pony, others may require you to add to that list just to be sure to be sure but personally I think that would be sufficient for now..... :-)

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 23rd, 2017)

Liked

Thank you NIrish. Currently to be found somewhere in Europe salivating at his planned (solo) trip to Thailand and the ready and eager boys that await him there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yeah...telephone bar / balcony car real busy, packed in fact. Babylon was also really busy. Soi twilight was quiet. Think the high prices and crappy shows are putting people off...maybe the news has finally filtered through that its a bit of a rip off.
    Staying at the sukothai (really nice place...pool is as big as the ocean) and its soooo quiet...dont know how they turn a profit....vast dining /bar areas and all empty.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

First the details of the "upgrade" to the Malaysia Hotel, including the floor of your room there.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Small cosmetic upgrades. Outdoor dining area enlarged by removing most of the fish pond and garden that took up most of one wall. Corridors leading to rooms repainted, new faster elevator, my room has new floor.
    And yes not a single mb to be seen loitering. But don't despair, Grindr and Babylon more than compensate.
    Followed 12 hours later by:

Staying at the sukothai (really nice place...pool is as big as the ocean) and its soooo quiet...dont know how they turn a profit....vast dining /bar areas and all empty.

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 24th, 2017)

Liked

Small cosmetic upgrades. Outdoor dining area enlarged by removing most of the fish pond and garden that took up most of one wall.
    They had some monster fish / serpent (or two) living in this pond. I wonder what happened to them? Did they die? Did they release them into the waters around Lumpini Park? These things were frightening, when they would feed them...I never got a good look at them, but they were big and had probably been in there for years.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    They had some monster fish / serpent (or two) living in this pond. I wonder what happened to them? Did they die? Did they release them into the waters around Lumpini Park? These things were frightening, when they would feed them...I never got a good look at them, but they were big and had probably been in there for years.

Surfcrest

Long gone to the next life.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"