FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommended massage in Pattaya?

Banned
    Liked

Re: Recommended massage in Pattaya?

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    I think that Thailand for us is the most tolerant country on earth
    "for us" means for guys consorting with male prostitutes? Just because they don't confront you doesn't mean the Thais don't despise you

2. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (April 20th, 2017)

Liked

One can "consort with male prostitutes" in almost any country in the world - and if you don't realise that then you seriously need to get out more.

What FarangRuMak is lauding (I believe) is the lack of any need in Thailand to be discreet about it, the easy availability - and even if one is not "consorting", the opportunity not to *have* to be discreet about one's sexuality generally.

As for "confrontation" - the only confrontation I've ever had in Thailand has been from loud-mouthed (and I have to be honest and say *American*) farangs who seem unable to process that I'm perfectly entitled to mince round Royal Garden Plaza with someone not just 1/2 but nearer 1/3 my age. Not that their highly vocal disapproval ever bothered me in the slightest though.

4. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (April 22nd, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    ... you need to get out more. What FarangRuMak is lauding (I believe) is the lack of any need in Thailand to be discreet about it, the easy availability - and even if one is not "consorting", the opportunity not to *have* to be discreet about one's sexuality generally.
    What he is "lauding" is that he isn't confronted by disapproving Thais. Having lived here for almost thirty years I don't believe it's me that needs to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    As for "confrontation" - the only confrontation I've ever had in Thailand has been from loud-mouthed (and I have to be honest and say *American*) farangs who seem unable to process that I'm perfectly entitled to mince round Royal Garden Plaza with someone not just 1/2 but nearer 1/3 my age. Not that their highly vocal disapproval ever bothered me in the slightest though.
    I'm not sure why you think that relevant to the question of whether Thais approve or disapprove. We all know Americans are vulgarians - look at their President - and sadly they are to be encountered everywhere

Liked

Freaky wrote:
    "Having lived here for almost thirty years" and "Just because they don't confront you doesn't mean the Thais don't despise you."

Explains a lot.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

^ He has a point though and that's fairly much my view on Thailand - well, pattaya to be more correct i.e I KNOW they don't particularly like "my sort" i.e. white, sex tourist, gay ( not necessarily in that order) about the place but hey they tolerate me as I'm putting money in their collective pockets so they deem to give me their best fake smile and serve me anyway, likewise I don't particularly like that half the Thai's I meet in Pattaya are scheming cheating, lying fuckers who would happily do me over for a few thousand baht if given half the chance - but I also then do MY best fake smile and also very kindly deem to continue fucking them.

So all in all the don't ask don't tell what we're both REALLY thinking about the other works ok. But to suggest I should start to care about their precious buddhist leanings and consider my behaviour for fear I should offend those poor souls in Pattaya who eak their living fucking the likes of me by their own choice - then no, sorry that's a bridge to far for me. Mutual fake smiles and pretending we both give a shit about the other perhaps but caring about how THEY look to the outside world - no, not my problem I'm afraid. It is what it is and they are what they are - and so am I - the only difference is I don't try to pretend to be or ask people to think of me as something other than that.

8. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (April 20th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ... they tolerate me as I'm putting money in their collective pockets so they deem to give me their best fake smile and serve me anyway ...
    Absolutely typical Thai behaviour by AOT Limousines when I arrived back at Swampy earlier in the week. I rocked up to the counter before the Customs exit and asked for a limo. "Special price for you" they simpered, and showed me the "special price" on those big hand-held calculators - 2300 baht. "Bullshit" I said in my best Thai, whereupon they showed me the standard price chart which they had covered up while they were offering me the "special" price. I chose my usual - the Camry at 1200 baht. They just can't help themselves, from the moment you arrive to the moment you (they hope) leave.

Liked

My friend who speaks reasonable Thai told me that the Thais didn't particularly like farangs until the Chinese, Russians and fat fuck Arab scum showed up and in comparison we've gone way up the scale.

11. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (April 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Frequent wrote:
    "Absolutely typical Thai behaviour by AOT Limousines when I arrived back at Swampy earlier in the week. I rocked up to the counter before the Customs exit and asked for a limo. "Special price for you" they simpered, and showed me the "special price" on those big hand-held calculators - 2300 baht. "Bullshit" I said in my best Thai, whereupon they showed me the standard price chart which they had covered up while they were offering me the "special" price. I chose my usual - the Camry at 1200 baht. They just can't help themselves, from the moment you arrive to the moment you (they hope) leave."

Welcome home Freaky. How's life these days? Still living the dream?

Banned
    Liked

Someone kindly PMed me to ask why I didn't respond to what he called "arsenal's asinine comments". I replied that I thought Socrates' comments in my signature a riposte enough for anyone and besides, I've never thought arsenal's posts added any value to the Forum so he's on my Foes list and I only read what he posts if someone else quotes him (though why they would bother ...)

Liked

Well Freaky if you put everyone who dislikes you on your ignore list there wouldn't be too much left for you read.