List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: United Airlines Assault Passenger: What Would You Have Done?

Liked

Re: United Airlines Assault Passenger: What Would You Have Done?

If three airport police officers show up, and tell me I'm getting off the plane, then I know I'm getting off whether whether I like it or not. I would have said I'll leave peacefully, but first I want everyone's name, badge #, the pilot and co-pilot's names and license ID#, etc. Then I would have followed the proper channels, and if needed, take it up with the media, or make it go vrial on social media.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Then I would have followed the proper channels, and if needed, take it up with the media, or make it go vrial on social media.
    With all respect, proper channels would have got you absolutely nowhere! I have a friend who has spent all his career with Cathay Pacific, He has told me that airlines have teams of people whose only job is to delay and delay to ensure that passengers making claims finally give up or the amount of compensation they get is the absolute minimum. Ever tried contacting Air Asia, for example? I tried a few years ago when they totally screwed me by cancelling my Hanoi flights. I called the KL head office several times - at my cost. When I was finally put through to extension 4, it turned out to be baggage handling. The lady said she was sorry she did not deal with complaints and could not understand why all complaints seemed to be put through to her!!

As for going viral, do you really believe that a vdo of someone just calmly walking off a plane would go viral? It's not news. There is nothing that makes it worth looking at. And it would only be your story against the airline's!

I have only once successfully fought an airline. I was flying London to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific when they were introducing lie flat business seats. I wanted to be certain I got one of the newly fitted aircraft. Up to the day of travel, I was assured my flight (one of four each day) had the new seats. When I got on the plane, it was the old seats. Being a full flight, there was no chance of an upgrade. So I told the purser that I refused to fly. I would wait and take a later flight with the new seats. The gate agent was called. Told him the same story and followed him out to the gate. His supervisor then told me that she was not aware what the seating layouts were on later flights.

I knew this was pure b/s. So I told her: you have another aircraft already here taking off in four hours; you have a third in the air landing in about 10 hours and yet a fourth about to take off from HKG. And you seriously expect me to believe you don't know the seating layouts? Sheepishly she said she'd check her computer. No, no aircraft with the new seats. So against my will I took the flight.

I was really pissed off on arrival at HKG. So I decided to double check. I called CX. I told them I had a friend with a broken leg who had to travel from LHR in the next 36 hours and needed a lie-flat seat. Did they have any available on flights departing London during this time? Quickly she came back and said if my friend could get to LHR in 6 hours, that flight had lie flat seats! So I had been deliberately lied to to persuade me to take a flight I did not wish to take. I know enough about contract law to know this is deliberate misrepresentation and therefore actionable in the courts of both Hong Kong and London.

I wanted my money back for that sector. So I wrote to CX. As expected, I got a form letter offering apologies but nothing else. So I sent a few more letters. Eventually after 4 months, they offered a one way upgrade on my next flight - but subject to load i.e. not guaranteed! I declined. After 6 months I sent them a courier letter, restating that their staff were guilty of misrepresentation and reminding them that if I failed to get acceptable compensation by the close of business that Friday, I would see my solicitor the following Monday and commence legal action against the airline.

Of course it was bluff. But lo and behold! The next day I received an email, a fax and a hand-delivered letter. No cash offered, but I could choose from either a guaranteed two-way upgrade to first class on my next long distance return flight, a free business class flight or a large chunk of free miles. The long wait had been worth it!

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 17th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    " ... So, (I'm) a belligerent, financially motivated, stubborn cunt - I wonder where I get that from?"
    Probably for being an uber-message-board whore for most of your life. (I've noticed a tinge of that in myself ... but not nearly as bad as you).
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

" ... If three airport police officers show up, and tell me I'm getting off the plane, then I know I'm getting off whether whether I like it or not. I would have said I'll leave peacefully ..."
    On the other hand, you could always pretend to be blind. Save a lotta hassle.

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (April 14th, 2017), christianpfc (April 17th, 2017), francois (April 15th, 2017), pennyboy (April 18th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    On the other hand, you could always pretend to be blind. Save a lotta hassle.
    Go fuck yourself, you low life piece of shit. I'm getting tired of this shit. I just want to communicate with fellow farang in English. Is it really that big of a deal?

Go ahead and call me a liar because you don't believe I'm Canadian, or I'm now 35, or I live in Khon Kaen, or work from home as a software developer, or I have two dogs, or a dirt poor Laos rice farmer as a BF, or whatever. No idea what's unrealistic about any of that, but apparently some of you do. Nonetheless, I can just shrug that shit off.

However, don't call me a lia for going blind, because that's simple below the belt. Even if you think I'm lieing about it, it's still one of those things any decent human being would keep their mouths about. Quite obviously, you have absolutely no fucken clue how difficult it is to go through this life in the darkness.

Again, go fuck yourself.

PS. Sorry for the outburst, I just miss Leo. He should be back around the 17th. I promise to be a good boy after that.

Liked

PS. Sorry for the outburst, I just miss Leo. He should be back around the 17th. I promise to be a good boy after that.
    You're forgiven. I think we can all understand the frustration of massive sperm buildup.
    Go have a nice wank.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (April 15th, 2017), christianpfc (April 17th, 2017), francois (April 15th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Probably for being an uber-message-board whore for most of your life. (I've noticed a tinge of that in myself ... but not nearly as bad as you).
    Its nothing new - queens taking the side of the authorities that would have other queens locked up and their knackers cut off - seen it all before - i think the jews had something similar in Nazi Germany.

For shame

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Better to land on your head than when you are in the toilet relieving yourself

Liked

WHY UNITED WAS LEGALLY WRONG TO DEPLANE DAVID DAO

http://www.newsweek.com/why-united-w...-dr-dao-583535
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.