List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is wrong with doctors here?

Liked

Re: What the hell is wrong with doctors here?

Matt, Bitcoin is at $900+, simply fly to Singapore and forget about these Thai wankers posing as M.D., I'd say!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lego View Post
    Matt, Bitcoin is at $900+, simply fly to Singapore and forget about these Thai wankers posing as M.D., I'd say!

Whatever became of Bitcoin Bruce aka. Cheesecake....He had the shortest lifespan of any gay board in Thailand?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We should perhaps all consider ourselves lucky about that particular fact based on his past form.

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    I use Rutnin regularly, far superior to what I had in America.

Liked

Matt, I haven't used Rutnin directly but I did ask them for quotes for cataract and lens replacement surgery. They replied with "we don't do lens surgery any more" without any further explanation.

Having said that, they do have a pretty good rep.

I fail to understand why you are going to hospitals out in the "boonies" when Bangkok is only 4 hours down the highway. Yes, Bangkok Hospital and Bumrungrad can be expensive, but if you are trying to get your eyes fixed they would be your best bet.

Alternatively, as Lego said, jump a plane to Singapore and go to Queen Elizabeth Hosp.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post

Alternatively, as Lego said, jump a plane to Singapore and go to Queen Elizabeth Hosp.
    matt may have "visa" problems which preclude him from leaving/returning to Thailand.

Liked

Memorial hospital has served me and a few of my admired well at a reasonable cost with X-rays, pharmacy and treatment taken care of in-house.
    On the other hand I went to a private thai doctor with a cough and he told me it was a cold, pneumonia, an infection or cancer and that he wasn't sure which.
    I went to a clinic near Sunnee Plaza for a medical report required for my driving permit application. Heshe (Katoy doctor) asked me if I felt ok and I said yes and I got the cert there and then for a small fee.
    I was pleased about that.
    Sometimes I don't want another Switzerland.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Then I show up half dead, extremely fatigued, can barely walk. Sure enough, I have 3 doctors check me out, a blood test, x-ray and ultrasound all done with results in hand in about an hour.
    Having had such symptoms, I can say that part sounds much better than what you get on the UK NHS.

You are right to question their attitude ref Leo.

Liked

Yeah, how he was treated was bullshit. I ended up diagnosing him myself as pre-diabetic, explained his diet requirements to him, and sure enough, that worked like a charm. He's back to being his happy, energetic self. I feel quite bad now by shrugging him off as just being lazy. Plus feel bad it took me so long to figure it out, especially since nearly my whole family on my mother's side has diabetes, so I'm very familiar with it.

Republicans in the US would love it out here. Get sick? Diagnose yourself! What a cost saving health care plan that would be.