List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

What was the name of that hotel, again?

Liked

Ask Scottish. He can probably send you the brochure and tell you about the app that pings every time a room becomes available.
    🖨

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    leave the detective work up to me.

Surfcrest
    I perfectly agree - but have to add the proviso that obvious faults are actually picked up. I think Moses has done and continues to do a fantastic job. He readily admits, though, that English is not his native language and cannot pick up some of what is written or the subtleties behind it. That is totally understandable. So that leaves just one moderator.

Since you have raised the issue, I regret I have to bring up the matter of sglad where his troll-like status was very quickly raised by several posters (not by me, though - I kept my suspicions to myself). Later, when he began to make obvious errors and started throwing out insults to other posters, I wrote to you and Moses to the effect that I believed he had to be a troll - that there was no possibility of his being a young Singaporean student studying in Chiang Mai, and I provided specific reasoning based on my having lived in a Chinese society for two decades. That sms was sent on February 5. Moses kindly replied. Without betraying a confidence, that was merely re technical issues. So the sglad hydra was permitted to continue posting for a further 14 days, spreading more and more lies and unsubtle vitriol until I set the trap which outed him and his hydra partner sugar daddy. You then finally banned him.

With the greatest respect, detective work on content did pick up his troll/hydra status but moderation waited a further two weeks before taking any action. Had I not set the trap, I'm pretty certain that sugardaddy would have stayed out of the picture and, for all we know, sglad might still be posting here. So there is definitely an issue - and perhaps even a conflict – between posters who are identifiable by technical means and those by content, posters who simply lie and then build on that lie to target other posters.

I believe every poster here should have the right to identify inconsistencies in posting, the more so when an original poster goes on to use vitriol when attempting to give answers which themselves only add fuel to the inconsistencies. An analysis of posts should surely be part and parcel of the job of moderation - as it was recently on gaythailand and is all the time on the other Board.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 30th, 2017), pennyboy (March 30th, 2017)

Liked

Yea Founty. Please try and keep your replies to 2000 words or less. Many thanks. And please stop talking about Sglad/Sugagrandpa as if you hunted down a serial killer in Old Chinatown.

Surfcrest. Detective work is fun so while it's understandable you wanting to keep it all for yourself it's equally so that everyone likes to play. As Churchill (I think) called the intel business.
    "The wall of mirrors."

😎
    Last edited by arsenal; March 30th, 2017 at 15:02.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

1,999 maximum it is, arsenal! And did you mention someone named sglad?

Churchill made some very interesting remarks. "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on," is particularly apt in the light of this discussion. "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result," also comes to mind!

I see MFAS is being his usual boring self!

Liked

I seriously doubt that Churchill would have referred to "pants" - which still generally means underwear in the UK and in his era would have almost exclusively meant that.

I prefer the alternative attributation i.e. to Mark Twain - although even he did not say "pants" but rather "shoes"

Also worth mentioning that Churchill rarely got *his* pants on before late afternoon and at least a bottle of champagne

Liked

He got assaulted by his thai boyfriend friends and now he is assaulted by some members of this forum .the poor guy only wanted a simple advise what to do in this misfortune incident and being accused as troll, fake, liar act. ...OMG...

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 1st, 2017), paperboy (March 31st, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The cause of disbelief is that he was asking for advice. Any rational person who was the object of such an incredibly outrageous attack by his bf and friends, would know that the only option would be to cut all ties and move on. No need to solicit the advice of people in a forum.

12. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 31st, 2017)

Liked

If he's done it once it will more than likely happen again. I couldn't trust anyone like that. Don't even speak to him about it just leave mate.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

14. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 31st, 2017)