List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

Liked

Re: got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

Quote Originally Posted by workhardplayhard View Post

Anyway thanks for everyone advice's I went back now to home in Bangkok. He keep messaging me and making Instagram/Facebook post. I guess just blocking him should be my next move...
    I suggest against blocking him on FB/IG, there is nothing more likely to infuriate him than that... especially if he's as volatile as he seems
    Instead put him on moderated mode, that way he can't see your posts, but doesn't know you are effectively blocking him
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I am a 29 years old canadian guy that has been living in Thailand for the last 6 years..........

I did not reacted the way i should of ill admit it because i pushed him back ........his friend ..... i kind of brushed him off quite easily and threw him down.

After that all his friends jumped me (at least 10 people) and throwed bottles on me and were kicking me.
    So, you live in Thailand for 6 years you say and yet you seem to be surprised that you admit you assaulted your BF in front of other Thai's and then assaulted another Thai who jumped up to help him - all in front of those other same Thai's and yet strangely you say you're somehow surprised that then proceeded to beat the shit out of you - hmmm and you claim to be surprised by that fact ?

So, six years you're living there you say eh......hmmmm "okay" if you say so, you mustn't have met many Thai's or experienced their behaviour if a farang starts beating up on a Thai or heard much about the whole face thing either then much I guess too in that time I guess.... oh well, you certainly know now eh.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I think you should leave him and go back to Canada, if only for the sake of your grammar, plurals and syntax.
    Hear. hear !

While reading WHPH's opening statement, I thought that he is more likely to be S E Asean rather than Canadian. While the US tries to intimidate Canada over language and other things, I respect Candians for not following the USian dialect and for using standard English - they even spell 'Z' as Zed, not Zee.

WHPH's story did not meet many of these parameters.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

4. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (March 29th, 2017)

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So, you live in Thailand for 6 years you say and yet you seem to be surprised that you admit you assaulted your BF in front of other Thai's and then assaulted another Thai who jumped up to help him - all in front of those other same Thai's and yet strangely you say you're somehow surprised that then proceeded to beat the shit out of you - hmmm and you claim to be surprised by that fact ?

So, six years you're living there you say eh......hmmmm "okay" if you say so, you mustn't have met many Thai's or experienced their behaviour if a farang starts beating up on a Thai or heard much about the whole face thing either then much I guess too in that time I guess.... oh well, you certainly know now eh.
    I never said i assaulted him... i did push him back (i wouldnt even call this a push but more like i took the hand that he was trying to push/hit me with and push it away) and tried to calm him down with words. I know about the whole face thing and as i said before i would never hit or touch anyone especially not my own boyfriend. 1st well because indeed the whole face thing is a huge thing here in Thailand but also when i started doing martial art years ago the first thing we learned is to never put our hands on someone out of the gym. The whole budddhism concept is based on the understanding of respect and it is something that i take seriously.

They havent beat the shit out of me but they did jump me. I am quite lucky that none of them knew how to threw a punch or a kick properly or else indeed it could of been worst. As i said above the thing that hurted me the most werent the kicks or the punchs or the bottles that i have received but more the look on my boyfriend (ex should i say) face when he was telling them to keep going on. I am not surprised that they were 10 on me, it is a typical thing in Thailand. It is a well known documented fact that they cannot fight or do a 1v1 fairly. It wasnt even in my intention to fight that night.

I was not even suppose to be there. For those that know the north side of the country, I was actually in downtown Chiang Mai and my boyfriend was suppose to join me there at 10;00pm. He then proceed to tell me at 10:00pm that he could not come because his mother would not let him. So then i asked him if he would like for me to go there (He lives in Doi Saket around 15-20km from downtown) and he said yes. In my mind i just thought it would make him happy if i go there. But then once there, i realized (i least, i strongly suspected) that his mother story was bullshit and he did not come because he was too drunk and was having fun with his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lego View Post
    Maybe it's just hard to believe that anyone could be that dumb? I'm not convinced either, but if you're genuine, it's really a no brainer: Don't walk away. Run!
    Indeed it might sound dumb asking that. The reason why i posted and was asking was because that night i could see he really was not himself. The look in his face and the way he handled himself, he was just so different from the person i was with for the last 7 months. It is crazy what whisky or any other kind of liquors can do to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    I remember you well. I can reconnect you to sweetlover88, if you'd like. At least you weren't accused of being Beachlover, or Kommie.

Surfcrest
    Thanks you. If you could it would be appreciated. I am not posting or responding alot but i do read articles/forum posts on a weekly basis. (one of the reason is because i know i have a poor english)

Quote Originally Posted by stkyricesf View Post
    There are always two sides to a story. There has to be more to the story for him to cheer on his friends. As to your question, I believe the relationship is over. Move on.
    Alot of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    I suggest against blocking him on FB/IG, there is nothing more likely to infuriate him than that... especially if he's as volatile as he seems
    Instead put him on moderated mode, that way he can't see your posts, but doesn't know you are effectively blocking him
    It might but i live in Salaya (near Bangkok) and he is in Chiang Mai (Doi Saket). Around 360 miles away. I have to admit it is still difficult to not take a look at his social medias from time to time which is why i was suggesting that. Maybe a trip to Pattaya could do the trick? lol

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I think when drunk your true self shows. I think it is unlikely a drunk person would tell others to attack you if he truly loved you, cared for you. Even the fact he was able to tell others to attack also says something about him. Most drunk people are not violent, they are just a nuisance. Many many get drunk each weekend and almost none is involved in violence. So your boyfriend is a bad human being. There is evil inside him.

But in your case I understand you truly believed he loved you. You are only a few years older. If you had been 40+ I would say you are a fool to believe a 19 year old Thai boy truly loves you.

Let me guess: you are an a English teacher in Thailand?
    Thanks for your post. I used to teach when i first came here in 2010-2011. I absolutely enjoyed it and had great times but unfortunately the salary did not meet what i was aiming for. For the past 3 years i am working online. To be honest (i might receive some criticism but it is justified) it did happened before when i was looking at, lets say, a 18 years old boy with a 60 years old man and was telling myself: Wow does he really think the boy really loves him?. Now i understand that it is not necessarly an age thing (even though i guess it play a part) but more like a farang/thai money thing.

Anyway thanks for those that gave me helpful advices. As for those that call me a fool well you can think what you want it is not like you know me. I think we all make mistakes and this definitly was one. If i was a fool i would not be here making a living and providing myself for almost the last 6 years. So let me guess, you guys never made a mistake in your life and are perfect creatures in this living world, right?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

when i started doing martial art years ago the first thing we learned is to never put our hands on someone out of the gym . . . They havent beat the shit out of me but they did jump me. I am quite lucky that none of them knew how to threw a punch or a kick properly or else indeed it could of been worst. As i said above the thing that hurted me the most werent the kicks or the punchs or the bottles that i have received but more the look on my boyfriend (ex should i say) face when he was telling them to keep going on. I am not surprised that they were 10 on me, it is a typical thing in Thailand
    So even though you know not to raise your arm to a Thai and even being a martial arts exponent, you are still able to beat off 10 guys (really? 10 angry Thai guys?) out to attack you despite kicks, punches and bottles being thrown! Wow! Well done! You should go and be a stuntman in Hollywood or the famous Shaw Studios in Kuala Lumpur founded by the famous Run Me Shaw (the brother of Sir Run Run Shaw). You’d earn a vast amount more than living in Thailand. LOL

He lives in Doi Saket around 15-20km from downtown
    He’s been your boyfriend for 7 months and you are not aware that the fastest route to Doi Saket is actually 28 kms away. Quite a difference! But whilst on this point –

i live in Salaya (near Bangkok) and he is in Chiang Mai (Doi Saket). Around 360 miles away
    Now this I do find odd. How do you measure distance – in miles or kms? I know in Canada it is not uncommon to use kms for distance but also often mpg when filling the tank. But Canadians I know are always consistent – distance as on road signs are in kms. How come you you use both measurements for distance?

I used to teach when i first came here in 2010-2011. I absolutely enjoyed it and had great times but unfortunately the salary did not meet what i was aiming for
    Curious. What did you teach at age 22 or 23? Because your written English is not good as you yourself have pointed out -

i know i have a poor English
    Very few very young farang here teach anything other than English.

It is crazy what whisky or any other kind of liquors can do to someone
    Odd I have never seen Thais drink anything other than beer or whiskey. Obviously I do not look closely enough to see the other liquors.

I have not commented up to now because on another board I once called someone a troll who turned out not to be, and once on this forum held back from a similar call - but he then turned out to be a troll. One point about trolls, in my experience, is the massive amount of detail they throw into seemingly innocuous posts. Sglad was just the latest – and he was found out because despite the detail it was all fiction and he could not come up with facts when pressed. And you, workhardplayhard, certainly appear to live up to that standard!

As suggested earlier, give up! (the boyfriend, that is )

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 1st, 2017), francois (March 29th, 2017)

Liked

You didn't make any mistake, Unfortunately shit happened sometimes in life and you made the right decision by stopping the relationship with this boy.
    I am curious to know : did the boy had a job ? Did you support him/his family financially? Did the boy share with you the daily costs or you have had to pay for everything?

By the way don't be offended by those members that called you a troll or think that your story is a fake they're just disgruntled persons that nobody will go with them unless they are paying them for the sex.miserable ,cynical and lonely persons that geulous you for beeing young, loyal and nice person.
    Be strong and move on with your life .

9. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (March 29th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    they're just disgruntled persons that nobody will go with them unless they are paying them for the sex.miserable ,cynical and lonely persons that geulous you for beeing young, loyal and nice person.
    What an idiotic comment! I don't pay for sex, I am in no senses other than happy, I have friends in several parts of Asia and the rest of the world, I travel far more and far more often to far more exciting places than I am absolutely certain you do. I accept, though, I can sometimes be cynical. As for you, you are entitled to your opinions. But do not morph your own bitter and twisted views on to others! After all, didn't you write earlier -

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    unfortunately every time I met a nice Thai boy everything was fine till his freinds and familiy start to interfere and then the lovely boy became aggressive, demanding and rude ,always the same story. The sad thing is that typical Thai boy will always prefer his freinds and family over falang friend even if their relationship is serious.
    And for your information, that last sentence is not true - if the love is true and both parties really care about each other!

11. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 29th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    While the US tries to intimidate Canada over language and other things, I respect Candians for not following the USian dialect and for using standard English - they even spell 'Z' as Zed, not Zee.
    Canadians pronounce Z as Zed, they spell it the same as anyone using the English alphabet.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    What an idiotic comment! I don't pay for sex, I am in no senses other than happy, I have friends in several parts of Asia and the rest of the world, I travel far more and far more often to far more exciting places than I am absolutely certain you do. I accept, though, I can sometimes be cynical. As for you, you are entitled to your opinions. But do not morph your own bitter and twisted views on to others! After all, didn't you write earlier -

And for your information, that last sentence is not true - if the love is true and both parties really care about each other!
    Yep, agreed, see a lot of Thai bashing on here. Must be a certain point of reference. Just joking of course.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Now this I do find odd. How do you measure distance – in miles or kms? I know in Canada it is not uncommon to use kms for distance but also often mpg when filling the tank. But Canadians I know are always consistent – distance as on road signs are in kms. How come you you use both measurements for distance?
    Well...us Canadians are a quirky bunch. We've had the metric system for so long, I barely remember our old imperial ways. Any yet, when I'm at the deli I'm buying a pound of this and a half pound of that. I have no idea what 100 grams looks like, even though that's one of the signs under the counter. When I drive, I make sure I'm not going over 100 km / hour, but when I'm driving somewhere I estimate the distance in miles. Maybe it's because the imperial system is etched in my upbringing, or maybe it's because imperial unit sizes make more sense to humans? Or...maybe we Canadians are just a quirky bunch...lol

Surfcrest