List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Water Parks. A comprehensive review.

Liked

Pattaya Water Parks. A comprehensive review.

Firstly let me clarify that although I say comprehensive I haven't actually visited any of them. But I have ridden past.

The oldest by far is the one at the far end of Jomtien Beach. Rather old and dilapidated it's more for families with kids who need something to avoid terminal boredom than genuine thrill seekers. It does boast the eye achingly ugly Jomtien Tower from which you can take a sling ride down if you fancy it.

Next is The Amazon Cartoon Network Water Park. It's located along Sukhumvit Highway near Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens in an area that is spawning new tourist attractions almost by the month. The first of the two new ones it's location makes it easy to get to. While big it's not huge and there doesn't appear to be much else apart from water rides so it might not appeal to older farangs. However it's convenient setting means you could be there and back without it taking the whole day.

Lastly is Ramayana Water Park. It's location is both it's biggest problem and a big plus. Its rather more difficult to get to and signposted but not that well. It's located a few miles left of Sukhumvit right next to that very very strange place Silverlake Vinyard and a massive unfinished 'Italian' village. The whole area is worth a visit simply for its weirdness. It's a huge park, twice the size of Cartoon Network. Not just rides but full of lagoons and cafes and places to relax and Sunbathe. When I went past a drone was flying over one of the pools. Being further inland also means there are mountains surrounding the area and so the view from the top of some of the water slides will have an added pleasure.

I personally dont go to these places any more but if I were to choose then Ramayana would be a no brainer because it's got so much more to offer than the other two.. So Grandad, next time it's your boy specials birthday take him and his best friend down to the water park and have a great time.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 1st, 2017), Surfcrest (April 2nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Water Parks. A comprehensive review.

Good try, but as you acknowledge "comprehensive" would normally involve some information more than just what can be seen from the road outside!

Oh you know prices, photos, actually having been inside and your experience of it, that sort of thing. Perhaps we could start a new thread about restaurants, including only what can be seen from the roadside.

Still it's better than nothing!

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 1st, 2017), fountainhall (March 28th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes...hardly comprehensive...i was expecting pics..pricing...cruising spots...availability of MBs..etcetera...instead I wasted my super precious time with click bait...damn

Liked

Latin and Brad. United in disappointment.
    😢😭

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes...ahole...u failed miserably...we (yes the royal we) r utterly disappointed....plse try harder next time...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"off fees"? massages? lifeguards in baggies or speedos?
    pics/vids of locker room showers? cruisy tree lined paths?
    limos from Tartawan?

thanks for posting anyway

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 28th, 2017)

Liked

The first-described park is actually called Pattaya Park, and is located at the foot of Thapraya Soi 12, also known as Soi Pattaya Park or the Russian Soi (although not many Russians there any more). BF and I use the Park on Wednesdays when the beach concessionaires are closed. The entrance fee is 100 THB, and is the same for both Thais and farang. It's old, not particularly well maintained, but is a pleasant place to spend a Wednesday. The water is a circular, moving waterway nearly a meter deep. It's clean and pleasant and there are usually a number of nubile youths playing in it to provide visual action while you're cooling off in the water. There is a restroom and a separate changing room which includes a shower. There are several seating areas, only one of which has decent relaxing chairs. There are canvas-sling chairs available, but I can't stand to sit in them. The park has other features, some of which still are in operation. There are several water slides that are fun to use.

I'm told that the other water parks described in the post are very expensive, although like the author, I haven't been in any of them.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 29th, 2017), Up2U (March 29th, 2017)

Liked

Having had a chance to reflect on what I wrote, I realize I didn't write about food, etc. The park does not permit you to bring food or drink into the park with you. In fact, they will inspect bags you carry to make sure you have not tried to bring food into the park. The park has food offerings which are relatively inexpensive and are varied. You can have drinks, cooked food, or packaged stuff like chips, etc. So, not being able to bring stuff into the park isn't too onerous.

There was something else I forgot, but I forget what it was, so if I remember I'll write yet another follow up.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (March 29th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk View Post
    There are canvas-sling chairs available, but I can't stand to sit in them.
    Very funny wording.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...cruising spots...availability of MBs..etcetera...
    Unless your post was tongue-in-cheek, asking for that in a venue that is geared at children with accompanying families is creepy.