Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take note.

Liked

Re: Take note.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Lithium batteries plus crazed but brilliant zealots plus seriously skilled electronics experts = not too hard to work out really.
    rubbish - this is just security theater the same as the 100ml of liquid, etc - there has never been any evidence that "crazed but brilliant zealots" could assemble a significant explosive device inside the secure area of an airport or in an airplane toilet from such liquids and I am waiting with bated breath for the evidence that there is a credible threat that this can be done from components concealed in a laptop!

but even if it can theoretically be done do they seriously expect us to believe that scanning of carry-on items for for passengers from say Egypt to the USA transiting through or originating in Bangkok on Thai is significantly better than transiting through or originating in Dubai on Emirates?

and do they seriously expect us to believe that US/UK "no-fly lists" and carry-on baggage scanning is so reliable that laptops present no risk on flights leaving the US/UK, only on arriving flights? or do these governments not care about their nationals being killed on exploding outgoing flights?

and I am sure the major US/UK airlines, after years of crying into their beers about unfair government support for Emirates, Qatar, et al. (no not EL AL), are not that upset about the "inconvenience" for their passengers!

bkkguy

2. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (March 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I read somewhere that x-rays cannot penetrate through laptops and pads. I have zero idea if this is true, but if so it will explain why they have to be taken out of hand luggage before screening.

Terrorists blowing planes out of the sky have been around for decades. There was the Al Quaeda 1994 plot to down 12 US aircraft en route for the US over the Pacific. A dry run was held and a bomb left inside a life jacket under a seat exploded on a Philippines Airlines 747 en route to Tokyo in December that year, killing one and injuring many. Only the skill of the crew landed the aircraft safely.

The 1985 downing of an Indian Airlines 747 en route from the US off Ireland has still not been explained and is thought to be terrorist-related. And then Pan Am 103 proved that one bomb in the cargo hold could bring down a full 747.

Like Surfcrest, If a mobile phone can detonate a bomb on the ground, surely it's not beyond the wit of these murderers to find a way of detonating a bomb in a suitcase using the phone they are still able to carry on board?
    Last edited by fountainhall; March 22nd, 2017 at 19:47.

Liked

Fountainhall is right. And bkkguy, you have no idea at all what they can or can't do. Fact.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I read somewhere that x-rays cannot penetrate through laptops and pads. I have zero idea if this is true, but if so it will explain why they have to be taken out of hand luggage before screening.
    Not a true

bags_aerovation_xray-100398891-orig.jpg

They asking cuz they can more precise focus x-rays at solo laptop and see picture more clear, accumulators are real problem: almost no one of them isn't transparent for x-ray cuz of using multi-layered metallic foil inside: each accumulator consist from few lithium elements, and each lithium element consist from rolls of layers 2 of them are manufactured from metallic foil and aren't transparent for x-rays

maxresdefault.jpg

article-1166387-043F8A7C000005DC-941_306x465.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 24th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I should have written that whilst x-rays can see inside a laptop, they might not be able to see something lurking behind a laptop. At least, that is what I read. I accept it might not be true.

Liked

Hey, where the hell did my post go? Moses!

Liked

Anyway, this entire debate is quite stupid. Ok, Someone boards a plane with a laptop packed with explosives, and heads to the US. I'm assuming they plan to detonate that bomb over the Atlatic Ocean, right? Or are they planning to blow up the customs area of their destition airport?

So how exactly is this protecting the US again?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Hey, where the hell did my post go? Moses!
    looks like you made click at wrong button do you want me to restore it?

cdnm3.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Take note! Terrorist attack outside of Parliament.....Some dead.....Parliament locked down.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...ernment-London
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Anyway, this entire debate is quite stupid. Ok, Someone boards a plane with a laptop packed with explosives, and heads to the US. I'm assuming they plan to detonate that bomb over the Atlatic Ocean, right? Or are they planning to blow up the customs area of their destition airport?

So how exactly is this protecting the US again?
    This one is not difficult.
    1 US citizens might be on the plane that's blown up over the Atlantic.
    2 They might manage to blow the plane up directly over New York. If the bomb is manually detonated, looking out of the window should provide sufficient information about the location.
    3 The US might actually take some interest in citizens of other civilised countries.

Incidentally, I have high confidence in UK intelligence.
    Introducing restrictions for dodgy middle-Eastern countries with dodgy security is also fine by me. I don't even understand why we allow planes to fly to our country from places like Egypt.

If this practice spreads to other countries where we actually want to fly to, then the risk of tablet & laptop theft becomes a concern.
    I hope most of the countries I fly to will keep reliable security screening procedures.