Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
...stock up on Amoxicillin at Boots the Chemist on the second floor of the Royal Garden Plaza...
I had great success with ciprofloxacin for treatment of diarrhea. After getting it prescribed once or twice, I decided to get it by myself the next bad case (often it clears up after two or three days, by itself of with charcoal, but if it takes longer, I have to take steps). I took it only half a week, to keep the rest of the package (10x500 mg) for the next case. Then I traveled, and the diarrhea came back (should have taken the whole package, general advice to continue treatment after diarrhea is gone). So I bought more in Korat, where I found the price to be only half of what I paid in Bangkok! Then I bought another pack in a non-touristy area of Bangkok, where I paid the same as in Korat.

Long story short: in a local pharmacy you might get if or for half the price you pay in Royal Garden Plaza.

There might be a reason why some stuff is only available on prescription in civilized countries, but sold over the counter in third world. Keyword: Multiple Drug Resistance.