List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antibiotics - do you live in the UK and visit Thailand for vacations?

Liked

Re: Antibiotics - do you live in the UK and visit Thailand for vacations?

Don't be an idiot Latin. Drugs/medicine are on a completely different legal scale to prostitution. Even you must know that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ronnie...sweety darling...prostitution is also supposedly illegal in thailand...get with the program
    The problem with many drugs is that beyond a reasonable quantity (so if you're here for 2 weeks and have a 2 month supply) you can get them confiscated should customs decide you are looking dodgy! Also, if you are thinking of getting generic drugs sent from India, you're also a candidate for trouble. I don't mean the erection enhancing variety. But if like a friend of mine you have several ailments each requiring a substantial quantity each month and medication from India is a fraction of the price, the packet is most likely to be opened and then confiscated on the grounds that the same medicines are available in Thailand!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

arse...hol......ive been stopped once (yes only once) leaving BKK swampy airport with 10 packets of kamagra...after explaining it was for personal use I was allowed to proceed...no paperwork needed...no back handers either...

Liked

If you say so Latin.

Liked

Just out of interest - what are the latest arrest/conviction statistics for "smuggling" antibiotics out of Thailand for personal use?

Zero? Yeah, thats what I figured.

6. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (March 22nd, 2017)

Liked

We're not talking about taking legal stuff out Scottish, we're talking about taking stuff in.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    ...stock up on Amoxicillin at Boots the Chemist on the second floor of the Royal Garden Plaza...
    I had great success with ciprofloxacin for treatment of diarrhea. After getting it prescribed once or twice, I decided to get it by myself the next bad case (often it clears up after two or three days, by itself of with charcoal, but if it takes longer, I have to take steps). I took it only half a week, to keep the rest of the package (10x500 mg) for the next case. Then I traveled, and the diarrhea came back (should have taken the whole package, general advice to continue treatment after diarrhea is gone). So I bought more in Korat, where I found the price to be only half of what I paid in Bangkok! Then I bought another pack in a non-touristy area of Bangkok, where I paid the same as in Korat.

Long story short: in a local pharmacy you might get if or for half the price you pay in Royal Garden Plaza.

There might be a reason why some stuff is only available on prescription in civilized countries, but sold over the counter in third world. Keyword: Multiple Drug Resistance.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    We're not talking about taking legal stuff out Scottish, we're talking about taking stuff in.
    Ok, in that case:

Just out of interest - what are the latest arrest/conviction statistics for "smuggling" antibiotics into Thailand for personal use?

Zero? Yeah, thats what I figured.

10. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (March 22nd, 2017)

Liked

I know it’s not that easy to do but try and check the Expiry Dates on Antibiotics. There are several branches of Boots in Pattaya and I’m assuming they are OK but I’ve seen expired stock of other drugs in smaller chemists. Personally I wouldn’t take ciprofloxacin, which is potent stuff, and not something I’d take without medical advice. If you do take it bare in mind that it increases your skin’s sensitivity to sunlight which could be more important in a sunny place like Thailand. Amoxicillin is dished out like sweets in Thailand and seems to be the antibiotic of choice and is the only one I’d consider taking.

Liked

I thought Azithromycin was the option for diarrhea & Cyproflaxin the more powerful less preferred option.

Amoxillin's what I've seen prescribed for gum infections.

I would be researching that much more carefully if getting regular diarrhea episodes, as some people above seem to.