List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Antibiotics - do you live in the UK and visit Thailand for vacations?

Banned
    Liked

Re: Antibiotics - do you live in the UK and visit Thailand for vacations?

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    i have never transitted at Dubai but recall there was a scare when Qantas entered its alliance with Emirates. Allegedly Dubai requires the copy of a doctor's prescription for all medication - even panadol. Anyone know if this is fact?
    A quick search of Tripadvisor will tell you more than you ever need to know - including the difference between transiting Dubai and entering Dubai. Gay Qantas flight attendants stopping over may run more of a risk.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And thank you for that wise comment. Links are always useful - but sadly some are too lazy to post them.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    And thank you for that wise comment. Links are always useful - but sadly some are too lazy to post them.
    Lazier than posters not doing their own research in the first place?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh you are always so funny - read stupid! Yesterday you happily posted this link in another thread -

The River Queen was also covered in this post http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...rn-(Siem-Reap)
    So who is lazy? In fact, here's one link I read before making my post -

it is recommended to leave all but absolutely essential medicines at home if you are going to or via Dubai, even as a transit passenger. In some cases the consequences are pretty severe, but many other people have been inconvenienced to the extent of being detained for some hours before being released . . .

Carrying more than 10 paracetamol tablets has been known to cause trouble at Dubai customs. (“Trouble” meaning being detained, strip searched and interrogated. It’s best avoided.) Even such traveller’s basics such as Lomotil are
    banned! Catherine Wolthuizen, chief executive of Fair Trials International, said Dubai customs authorities were using highly sensitive new equipment to conduct thorough searches on travellers.
    “So many people now travel to Dubai and, as we’re seeing, many have no idea what risks they’re taking or their vulnerability to this very strict approach,” she said. “If they find any amount – no matter how minute – it will be enough to attract a mandatory four-year prison sentence.

http://diytravelexpert.com/dubai-danger-medicines-drugs-and-you/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    ...If you are under 60 years of age in the UK then you will pay about £8 for this antibiotic if and when you get to see a doctor......I know what I am talking about..
    Actually, my dear Posh, you absolutely don't

Would you like to either reconsider your statement or move back to Scotland - as you clearly don't live here - where you'll find that, irrespective of your age, prescription items are totally FREE and you wait usually no more than 3 working days for a routine GP appointment or are seen the SAME day in an emergency.

I believe that prescriptions are also free in Wales BTW

On the point of your post - I always stock up on antibiotics in Thailand (or Vietnam), but I tend to go for the more modern ones. Amoxcyllin is pretty old and I stocked up on some Azithromycin last time - which amongst other things has the ability to treat Chlamydia (which is *rife* amongst sex workers) in a single dose.

And i do know what I'm talking about
    Last edited by scottish-guy; March 19th, 2017 at 16:15.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    Yes. Every time any person enters the country. It is never stated, but a letter from your home-country Doctor confirming your need for the drug(s) carried is usually enough for Customs (but don't bet on it, esp if a dog has been sniffing around your bags between the aircraft and the carousel.)
    Yet another reason not to visit!

7. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (March 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Saw one of those "Customs Patrol" tv programmes a couple of years ago where officers from Australian Customs gave a woman who had just landed off a flight a really hard time and a significant fine because instead of eating a banana she was served on the flight she had but it in her handbag for later, thus "importing" it!!

I've never had any desire to visit Australia, but if that's the sort of bureaucracy and petty officialdom they have then I don't see me changing my mind anytime soon

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 21st, 2017), frequent (March 22nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I've never had any desire to visit Australia, but if that's the sort of bureaucracy and petty officialdom they have then I don't see me changing my mind anytime soon
    You are starting to get a decent list of the places you'll not visit with Australia being added to Singapore. More's the pity as far as you are concerned as both are amazing places to visit, at least for a short time. Here in Singapore it's as cruisy as ever and never a problem with joiners.

Sydney is one of my favourite cities. You may pooh pooh the idea of a banana being confiscated, but you forget that Australia has a huge agricultural industry and is a very isolated island to boot. One pest in one foodstuff is all it would need to set off a nasty chain reaction. After all, some idiot introduced 24 rabbits for hunting purposes - and by the 1990s there were 10 billion of the buggers causing all sorts of mischief.

Liked

The Thai government is strict about bringing medicines into and out of Thailand. You may be required to declare them 2 weeks before arrival. This was all quite a shock to me as I have not once had a problem bringing my meds into the country.
    This advisory is from the Vancouver Thai Embassy:
    http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca...medication.pdf

12. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (March 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ronnie...sweety darling...prostitution is also supposedly illegal in thailand...get with the program

14. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (March 22nd, 2017)