Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
I was referring to guys who post with numerous handles. Frequent, aka a dozen other handles, comes to mind.
Surely they are the ones with too much time on their hands. One handle should keep you busy enough on a forum.
a447 made this point on Where is Everyone thread and I feel it deserves one of its own.

I agree with a447's basic premise. But I also cannot understand the reason for anyone bothering to have multiple handles even when they are able to get round each Board's security systems. I guess it can't be so difficult since Sglad managed it for quite a while here before he started spouting idiotic falsehoods and being outed as a hydra along with his alter ego Sugargrandpa. Yet I wonder. Would this jerk have been outed had it not been for the trap which i laid for him and which then forced Sugargrandpa to post and ask the question that Sglad simply could not - for the simple reason that would immediately expose him as certainly not being Singaporean and, even more, certainly not a young Singaporean.

Yes, I accept I was taken in by Sglad at the outset when several others saw through him. What, though, is it that makes people wish to deceive so openly? To me trolls and hydras are nothing more than schoolyard bully types whose objective is destruction rather than construction. They think they're the bees knees when in fact they deserve to be booted out as snivelling brats.

We all know what happened with Beachlover. Frankly, I have little idea of his history on this Board, but I saw it all on gaythailand. His initial posting whereby he dredged up long dead threads and added one-liners was pretty pathetic, and yet no-one tagged him as a troll. Even when the fake persona of the young Asian businessman took a few knocks with obvious untruths, the moderators on gaythailand actually believed him! We were told that the IP address was in Sydney and everything matched. Even the blacked out photos so there could be nothing to identify him were so patently obvious - but still the owner/moderators not only believed him but wrote that the best trip report ever read on their site was of BL's trip to Siem Reap! And this was even when inaccuracies had been pointed out!

Maybe moderators/owners like the odd troll, despite what they say, because it keeps interest in the Board developing. I don't actually believe that, but I have heard it said.

And whilst on the subject, why have different names for different sites, as we know some have. There is clearly a reason. But if a poster is not prepared to be frank and open about his posting identity wherever he posts, what credence can one give his posts - under whatever name he chooses to make them?