List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving compensation for blogs about touring in TH or other things??

Liked

Receiving compensation for blogs about touring in TH or other things??

I am curious...persons who write blogs in Sawatdee for example,,traveling around
    Thailand,,giving trip information,,,writing about bars, etc...are some persons receiving compensation
    for doing this OR is this all just free information for readers.....since I don't know.I am curious
    Thanks...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Receiving compensation for blogs about touring in TH or other things??

I have written several lengthy posts about travel in Thailand and some other Asian destinations on the three gay thailand forums. I have never been paid. I'm sure the same is true of all those who post.

Liked

If it's a personal blog, I guess not always, but most times they will be receiving compensation (or morrre realistically, trying to earn compensation). There's always the typical Google ads you see everywhere, they may find sponsors and display their ads, they may use referral links (eg. recommend a hotel, but when linking to it there's a referral ID in the link, so if someone books a room through that link, the blog owner gets a commission), some will charge to write a post reviewing a certain establishment / product / service, and so on.

Same goes for Youtube channels. Google will pay you for the number of views you get, as they display both, video and text ads on the videos.

if you're thinking this sounds like a great way to earn a living while doing it up in Thailand, I'd urge caution. Making money this sort of way is very difficult, so ensure you're making MORE than enough for a comfortable life before hopping on that plane. Once you're here, you probably won't be working as hard, hence your income will drop a bit.

Liked

There are websites to the tune of "stop you 9 to 5 job, become a travel blogger, and earn money while you travel", I think all of them are grossly exaggerated, or people earn a meager income for a lot of work (i.e. 24/7).

Stickman is probably among the successful bloggers/website owners, but returned to New Zealand after writing about straight Thailand nightlife for over 10 years.

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 6th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

would be a bit careful about blogs especially ones that ae centered on sex tourism...am sure I read an article somewhere of some fellown that got locked up somewhere in asia for promoting prostitution on his blog. Think he kinda bragged about how many women he had bedded and how easy it was and how to go about finding them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't know about blogs but I was more thinking of tying to CLAIM some compensation after having read a few of A447's juicy trip reports as my innocence and worldly naivety was almost shattered in one post ! So, I'm sure there's a claim to be had in there somewhere for corrupting our collective minds with tales of his filth and debaucherous lifestyle - perhaps a class action law suit ?? PS on that very note A447 - one of your reports seems to be WAY overdue now ?!!

Liked

one of your trip reports seems to be WAY overdue now?!!
    Hold on, Nirish - I'm still recovering from my last trip!

However, I am off to Taiwan, among other places, soon, spurred on by fountainhall's reports.

Whether I'll have anything to report is another matter.

And no, I'll post any reports for free.

Thank me later!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Think he kinda bragged about how many women he had bedded
    Women!! Pervert

Liked

It's the complete irony of LatintopXXX's comments on the blogger that cracks me up - *all* Poxxy does is brag about how many male prostitutes he's fucked and how little he pays them.

Maybe he meant it? Is he that smart?

Liked

I am paid tens of thousands of baht by the restaurants I review plus I receive free meals, wine, coffee and of course petits fours.