Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jupiter to ForFun Silom soi4

Liked

Jupiter to ForFun Silom soi4

First my apologies for posting this on other forums as well but I know that readers here frequent Jupiter.

The whole front of ForFun on Silom Soi 4, next to Balcony's main bar was yesterday covered by a huge tarpauline.
    The tarpauline was advertising the imminent move of Jupiter from Suriwong to Soi 4.
    The text read:-

'We apologize for the inconvenience we're creative and construction "Jupiter 2018 New Arena" For "Jupiter 2002" and new entertainment for you'.
    I think I know what they're trying to say.

A further message was:-
    "New beginning New Ideas New energy" and a further line which I couldn't read because they'd placed tables and chairs in front of it.

The shophouse, formerly a tee shirt shop, next to Balcony's Tiger terrace was open last night as a bar. I understand that this will be a restaurant area. Maybe they were, like a cat, just marking their territory.

Jupiter will be a gogo bar. They certainly have the space and height to match their Suriwong premises (I remember it when it was a big disco/cabaret club called Rome Club).

Perhaps visitors to the still existing Jupiter can glean more information from the boys and staff there.

If only I could figure out how to post photos, I would.

Last edited by Patanawet; March 5th, 2017 at 13:19. Reason: typo

Liked

Re: Jupiter to ForFun Silom soi4

Just as a PS, here is the story so far, leading to my message above, as read on other boards:-

The Jupiter lease, after 15 years, was up for renewal. The owner decided that he'd rather open his own gogo bar on the premises.

Jupiter and ForFun on Silom Soi4 have the same owner so it was decided to move the jupiter business to their premises next to Balcony.

The land and property owner gave the boys and staff the chance to stay with him or move to Soi4 with their original boss.

How much truth there is in all the above I don't know but my message above makes it look likely true.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

To post pictures "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments"/ upload from your computer.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (March 5th, 2017)

Liked

Workers erecting Jupiter sign and ext. views of ForFun now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (March 5th, 2017), Tintin (March 6th, 2017), werner (March 6th, 2017)

Liked

"exciting and surprise" ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

tintin...dont mock...not very becoming

Liked

Not mocking... Just guessing what's on the partially hidden line!

Liked

A gogo bar in Silom Soi 4 ? Hmm guess I don't have to go to for fun for a nightcap anymore, surely the 120 baht Heineken will be triple the price

Liked

Are they allowed to have a go go club in soi 4 ? The soi will never be the same. The relaxed atmosphere from the bars does not blend well with a gogo club. I wonder if the owners will turn new Jupiter into something else?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by loke View Post
    Are they allowed to have a go go club in soi 4 ? The soi will never be the same. The relaxed atmosphere from the bars does not blend well with a gogo club. I wonder if the owners will turn new Jupiter into something else?
    As I recall there was a boy gogo bar nearby Telephone Bar (slightly further down the street) twenty years or so ago. It didn't last long. It had no impact on nearby bar prices. There wasn't a massage shop in that street until recently but there's now been one for a couple of years or more now. As I recall it's also male-only staff, and we all know what that means.