Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya - New Crackdown

Liked

Re: Pattaya - New Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    On a recent visit, I also heard the Mamsan blaminng the government for the lack of tourists, but just around the block there was another gogo bar packed out with no spare seating space.

Also, tourist numbers to Thailand have increased considerably in the last 10 years, as shown by the TAT & airport statistics.

It just seems there has been a decrease in the numbers patronising Pattaya gay bars. I don't know why, but phone apps must be one factor. Another factor would probably be gogo bars closing due to police raids & pay offs. So less to attract people.
    A reason can also be the type of boys. Many Farang want young looking twink. I see many times boys on stage who look like above 30 and are not in shape. In fact it happens to me that sometimes I see boys on stage and I have to leave, because I desire none of them. How can this be? My taste is the average Farangs' taste. So if I desire none then that goes for most. When I say "desire none" I mean desire none to pay for it. I often would not mind to fuck one of them for free. They aren't that bad. But for me to pay a boy he must be in my top list.

So if you have a line up and no one pleases me, then you do something very wrong as a bar owner. You don't understand your own customers and what they want. Then you deserve to go down.

I am positive if I were to start a gogo bar and 80% of boys are hot twinks around 20 years of age (and 20% the more manly types), my bar would be full all day. Certainly if it had a good sexy show also, with no lady boys at all in it, just hot twink boys dancing.

Despite the apps, I am sure my bar would be full.

Liked

As the govt has enacted more laws so the police charge for ignoring said laws has increased. So now the outgoings are out of sync with the income.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I am positive if I were to start a gogo bar and 80% of boys are hot twinks around 20 years of age (and 20% the more manly types), my bar would be full all day. Certainly if it had a good sexy show also, with no lady boys at all in it, just hot twink boys dancing.

Despite the apps, I am sure my bar would be full.
    Then why not sell up in Europe and come and start one? Then start worrying about how to get your boys, how to stop your barmen from siphoning off your liquor, how to keep the mafias from your door and making enough cash in the low season to satisfy the bib (police). Then remember that everyone is different. The posts on this forum alone make it clear that some like twinks, some straight moneyboys and some muscled he-men. If you charge Bt. 50 for a drink you'd probably be full, but the other owners would no doubt take steps to make it very, very clear you are not welcome.

Still think your bar would be full - and make money?

Liked

Let me think about it :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    And what would happen if they did indeed get rid of the sex industry but no families came to replace the sex tourists?
    In any case, what has Pattaya got to entice families? Ripley's Believe It Or Not? Madame Tussards?
    There are plenty of attractions in and around Pattaya, ranging from world-class to tourist trap. But those attractions alone cannot justity the number of tourists, and anyway prostitution was first and these attractions came second to provide daytime entertainment and excuses to go to Pattaya.
    My list here: http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2014...n-pattaya.html

My hope is on Cambodia. The GDP is very low there. There must be many boys willing to supplement their income. I think if It disappears in Thailand it will grow in Cambodia. That's my hope.
    I would be the first to increase my number of visits to Cambodia if there were gogo bars in Cambodia, but I think that is not going to happen (gogo bars in Cambodia). Neighboring countries, despite being poorer than Thailand, seem to watch closely what's going on prostitution-wise and not allow gogo bars.

Liked

thats the difference, you dont need go go bars in Cambodia, the boys are on tap over there. you just need to know how to turn the tap on.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    There are plenty of attractions in and around Pattaya, ranging from world-class to tourist trap. But those attractions alone cannot justity the number of tourists, and anyway prostitution was first and these attractions came second to provide daytime entertainment and excuses to go to Pattaya.
    I realise direct comparisons are never ideal, but Las Vegas has been mentioned before. In its days as a sin city, Vegas certainly had a few other attractions, including top-line shows with artists like Liberace and The Rat Pack. But Vegas today is totally different, there is a lot to do during the daytimes and the vast variety and size of shows in the evening are second to none anywhere. If the will is there, the Pattaya authorities could turn the place around. However, it needs leaders who know what they are doing and how to bring in the investment and additional attractions. I'll bet a Universal Studio Theme Park would draw millions regularly. But with one in Singapore and another in Osaka, would Universal consider another Asian Park? And where would Pattaya find the oodles of investment cash? Given its location, perhaps a Chinese cinema theme park would be a must-see for the vast numbers, not only from China but the Chinese diaspora, who will be coming to the city for decades.

Liked

"Thats the difference, you dont need go go bars in Cambodia, the boys are on tap over there. you just need to know how to turn the tap on."

How to turn it on? The apps?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    There are plenty of attractions in and around Pattaya, ranging from world-class ...
    I read your list. "World class" implies that there'd be people travelling from all over the world to see them. I regard your list as "things you could visit during the day when you're not shagging, some better than others" but hardly something on a par with the Eiffel Tower, the Tower of London, the Lincoln Memorial, the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg, the Great Wall, the temples in Nara, the Red Fort in Delhi or the Sydney Opera House

Banned
    Liked

Many Farang want young looking twink.
    Not that they're, you know, repressing anything