Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Songkran dates - Bangkok and Pattaya

Liked

Re: Songkran dates - Bangkok and Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    The third day (15-4-2016) there was indeed no Songkran on Silom due to the festival being shortened to two days instead of three.
    Just checked my itinerary and you are correct, I arrived on the 15th and not the 14th as I had originally thought... But it sure was a subdued 15th (Bkk) and 16th,17th (Pattaya)
    To make up for last year I will arrive on the 12th this year... Just to be sure to get at least some Songkran fun!
    Staying at Raya this time, so should be pretty close to the heart of the action!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Just checked my itinerary and you are correct, I arrived on the 15th and not the 14th as I had originally thought... But it sure was a subdued 15th (Bkk) and 16th,17th (Pattaya)
    To make up for last year I will arrive on the 12th this year... Just to be sure to get at least some Songkran fun!
    Staying at Raya this time, so should be pretty close to the heart of the action!
    I arrive on the 7th, will make a quick dash to the inlaws in Lao on the 11th to be back in Krung Thep on the 12th. This year it looks we will get the full three days

Banned
    Liked

... to be back in Krung Thep on the 12th
    You do realise that Thais speaking English always refer to it as "Bangkok", don't you?

4. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    You do realise that Thais speaking English always refer to it as "Bangkok", don't you?
    No I don't and I don't really care, I refer to Bangkok as Krung Thep, deal with it.

6. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (March 9th, 2017)

Liked

Such is frequent. Snottier than a buffalos' nostril. But slightly less appealing.

8. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (March 9th, 2017)

Liked

No I don't and I don't really care, I refer to Bangkok as Krung Thep, deal with it.
    must cause some confusion when you ask for your morning copy of the Krung Thep Post

and if you are going to be pedantic about it I think you mean "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit"

bkkguy

10. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (April 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    must cause some confusion when you ask for your morning copy of the Krung Thep Post

and if you are going to be pedantic about it I think you mean "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit"

bkkguy
    Probably krungthepguy

Liked

Probably krungthepguy
    that's krungthepphuchai to you

bkkguy

Liked

So bkkguy and frequent:
    Is it a Burmese python or Myanmarese python? Is it a Siamese cat or a Thai cat? Is it a Rhodesian Ridgeback or a Zimbabwean Ridgeback? Please please emlighten me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post

bkkguy
    Hmm I didn't intially see your claim of me being pedantic, one would have thought that accusation would better fit the poster I responded to, who seems to think that someone speaking English cannot use Krung Thep, when referring to Bangkok. A bit like telling me to order Papaya Salad when I actually mean Som Tam Lao.

In any case, thanks for the full name, which apart from Asanee Wasan, nobody actually uses, regardless which language they speak..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P7EQ_kxRQY