Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Songkran dates - Bangkok and Pattaya

Liked

Songkran dates - Bangkok and Pattaya

I know some of you hate Songkran but I like it. What are the main dates for it this year in Bangkok and Pattaya? And I'm not staying in the Tartawank Hotel. I will be in Sathorn, as usual, so I can walk past Babylon every day, on my favourite route to Silom.

Liked

Re: Songkran dates - Bangkok and Pattaya

Bangkok, 13-15. Pattaya the big water day is the 19th, but the bars (and customers) start playing a few days before that.

Liked: 1

I do not like Songkran.
    One thing I want to say is, do not travel to Pattaya on the last day of Songkran celebration.
    I was stuck in traffic for six hours from BKK airport going to Boyztown a few years back. The revellers occupied the streets (and highways!)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Yes indeed Pattaya has always been and surely will be a fucking dissaster expect it to slowly begin on the 14th and the worst day as noted will be the 19th. Many expats leave Pattaya for Songkran, as usual I will be one of them.

Liked

BKK:
    Last year they only allowed Songkran in Bkk on the 13th due to water shortages

I arrived the night time of no.13.
    We went to Silom on afternoon no.14 => Dead and no Songkran
    We then moved on To Khao San Road => Dead no Songkran same
    Eventually found a street party going on at Siam... but that was about it

Pattaya:
    Seeing as the OP is a Songkran fan, I can recommend going to North Pattaya on the 18th
    Just don't take a songtaew there as it will take ages to get to the Dolphin roundabout (where it all starts)

On the night of the 18th there is usually one of the biggest Morlams of the year on 3rd road... and Songkran is usually played all night that night on Walking st. (and Pattayaland soi 1)

Of course no. 19 is usually the biggest day. Traditionally all traffic used to move south to Jomtien over the day... but more recently its been centered around Central.

Another tradition was that Songkran would stop at sundown on the 19th... and everyone would go home shattered... Pattaya would be a ghost town
    Last year it continued until way after, there were street parties, and a big water party in Tiffany car park... We ended up in Tumnan Issan and people were still playing water and powder at 3am
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

6. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (February 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Yes, there is a parade and religious festivities in North Pattaya(Naklua) on the 18th. If you like water sports(?), the fun(?) moves to Sattahip on the 20th.

Liked

Thank you for all the advice. Much appreciated. Last year was a blast outside X Boys, though a tad noisy at 5am in my hotel on third road.

Liked

I plan to spend this Songkran in Bang Saen for the sand castle festival. That will entail booking a room in advance, and arriving a day before and departing a day after mayhem. If it wasn't for the sand castle, which only takes place on Songkran, I would lock myself in in my room in Bangkok and sit it out.

Does anyone know where and when the sand castles will be?

Last year we (with friend with car) wanted to go, but traffic jam started already on Sukhumvit, so we returned to Bangkok.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    BKK:
    Last year they only allowed Songkran in Bkk on the 13th due to water shortages

I arrived the night time of no.13.
    We went to Silom on afternoon no.14 => Dead and no Songkran
    We then moved on To Khao San Road => Dead no Songkran same
    Eventually found a street party going on at Siam... but that was about it

Pattaya:
    Seeing as the OP is a Songkran fan, I can recommend going to North Pattaya on the 18th
    Just don't take a songtaew there as it will take ages to get to the Dolphin roundabout (where it all starts)

On the night of the 18th there is usually one of the biggest Morlams of the year on 3rd road... and Songkran is usually played all night that night on Walking st. (and Pattayaland soi 1)

Of course no. 19 is usually the biggest day. Traditionally all traffic used to move south to Jomtien over the day... but more recently its been centered around Central.

Another tradition was that Songkran would stop at sundown on the 19th... and everyone would go home shattered... Pattaya would be a ghost town
    Last year it continued until way after, there were street parties, and a big water party in Tiffany car park... We ended up in Tumnan Issan and people were still playing water and powder at 3am
    I can assure you that on the 14th of april 2016 there was full on Songkran in Silom. Not sure what time you did look, but I started my second Songkran day at 16:00.

The third day (15-4-2016) there was indeed no Songkran on Silom due to the festival being shortened to two days instead of three. There was Songkran around Nana on that day though.

Liked

12970961_1076740295701206_359186144391146949_o.jpg

14-04-2016 taken around 16:00 at Saladaeng BTS.