Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A future for Soi Pratuchai?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: A future for Soi Pratuchai?

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I've written about Alex Kerr's book "Bangkok Found: Reflections on the City" before and his very perceptive comments not only on Thai culture but also his views on the Thai sex business.
    Thank you for sharing. Alex Kerr has it spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    I am going to spend time with the guy I offed over 30 years earlier.
    I enjoyed reading TaoR's post, but don't share his optimism. I too am in regular contact with some Twilight guys from 15+ years ago. Back when those in the business were friendly, nice guys who recognised what they were doing was not the best job but they were determined to make the most of it and enjoy themselves along the way. I'm not sure the same holds true for the boys of today. As far as nice Thai guys working in the bars, we seem to be reaching the bottom of the barrel. It's now only about money and many are too amped up to care about anything.

What I do see is the younger friends of the boys I knew now pursuing a different business model. They have no interest in short times with an old farang. They go to BKK and seek out encounters in five star places with affluent Singaporean, Malaysian or even Chinese Businessmen who they can milk for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    So now 8 to 11 million Chinese head to Thailand in groups every year. What happens when lets say 10% of those Chinese decide to head back to Thailand on their own for their next trip? That will change the whole sex tourism market in a big way and a positive way.
    I doubt it. Many Thais hate Chinese tourists even more than Farangs! I suspect this business will move to Cambodia, the Philippines and to an extent Vietnam.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (February 23rd, 2017), Surfcrest (February 23rd, 2017), TaoR (February 23rd, 2017)