Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
Is Soi Pratuchai the soi in Bangkok off of Silom with a lot of gay venues, including Dream Boys?
It's actually off Suriwong - and, yes, it is where Dream Boys, Hotmale and other gogo bars are located. The announcement is interesting because at least two of the Boards have had recent threads re how Soi Twlight (as it is often called after the original Twilight gogo bar) can continue given the substantial reduction of western visitors looking to off boys and the increase in Chinese and other Asians only interested in just one drink and seeing the shows.

Having viewed the soi as it rose and has fallen, I cannot see a future as part of Bangkok's gay scene. I suspect there is just not enough requirement for total redevelopment in upper Suriwing yet. So as earlier discussed, maybe it will morph for a while into a sort of Silom Soi 4 ( where Telephone and Balcony bars are located).

Soi Twilight's decline comes as Silom Soi 4 thrives. If only the owners had a spark of innovation the Soi could perhaps continue for a few years longer. But for those looking for bars with boys - I cannot call them gogo bars! - there will still be the bars further down Suriwong not far from Tawan..