Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: A future for Soi Pratuchai?

Liked

Re: A future for Soi Pratuchai?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    Just google the address of Dream Boys or Dicks Cafe and you will find that they are consistently listed as:...

Open up Hornet and zoom into the location of Dream Boys and Dicks and you will see the small street labeled as Soi Decho!
    Most information on the internet is copied from elsewhere, including all mistakes. The authority for the name of this soi will be in Thai language.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    ...to spend a few nights going to the go-go bars, I always seemed to have trouble locating the soi.

I even kept a few business cards from some of the bars and massage joints and they refer to it as follows:
    On my first trip to Thailand, I came across this soi by chance. From then on, I can find it blind.
    Business cards? I never thought of asking them for a business card, but shall do when/if I ever go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    So if this soi has a name for many years, if taxi drivers know how to find it, why does google maps not show this soi?
    There are many mistakes in google maps. I would have thought nostramap (a Thai based mapmaker) is better, but it lacks Soi Twilight! https://map.nostramap.com/NostraMap/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    So you're saying that there will be gogo bars because the Thais know where to go to have fun, but they won't be in the main tourist area even though the bars will exists "as long as tourists keep coming to Bangkok"??
    What I meant is there will be room for both , as we all know farang tourists and local Thais form of entertainment is slightly different and do not mix very well , some locals would call Soi Pratuchai a tourist trap . Thais , unless they want to hang out with foreigners prefer other types of entertainment (karaoke ,clubs etc) .
    They will both survive but maybe relocate to other parts of the city .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Heard the cops made another visit to all the Twilight bars last night. I'm not in Thailand this week and have no more details but it seems to have been another attempt to ensure no illegal foreign workers.

Liked

This thread has interesting insights and historical details.

So, what is the conclusion? What is the future for the soi?

And what is the future of Dream Boys? Will the putative German owner retire and close the business?

Will any Bangkok bar be able a lot of attract go-go guys in the future?

Liked

Werner: Yes. But they will come from Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma. I'm fine with that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I believe arsenal is correct. It will take a year or more but most of the Thai guys will eventually give up and the owners will go for guys from the cheaper surrounding countries. But the question then is - will they be permitted to employ these guys whose chances of getting work permits must be close to zero? We can see that there is presently a crackdown. Will that not lead to more of the same?

Liked

Why will the Thai moneyboys give up? Alternative well paid jobs for these badly educated (only high school) boys are not for the picking and they will soon discover that their previous employment got quick rewards for short time. The best looking ones who got multiple offs a week will never be able to earn with another job what they earned being a moneyboy. I don't see these give up.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In two words - the apps!

In six words - the bar owners will give up!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i must admit that I will miss the gogo bars if they do indeed die...maybe the boys in blue will realise that their tea money in being endangered and let nature take its course....oh how I will miss those full n swinging from the rafters fuck shows...