Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st time to Thailand... Need some Pattaya Info

Liked

Re: 1st time to Thailand... Need some Pattaya Info

The hotels you mention, Marina, Elephant and Two Guys are NOT upscale hotels.

I believe that Mosaic in Day - Night Plaza does not check IDs but most other places do.

In vicinity of Boyztown there is Avani which is upscale @ 3000 Baht/night.Very nice but IDs will be checked.

If in Jomtien you can do a bit of research either here or on gaythailand.com forum for some good hotel choices.

Liked

At first we "welcome" new posts and members on such way, at second we asking "where all are?"

Yeah, "friendly" welcome, "logical" question.

Andrew, "my" hotel were in the middle of Boyztown when I was newcomer. Late I realized what most time my interests are laying outside of any "boys zone" - beaches, sea, relax and I moved to Jomtien beach hotels/guesthouses: Bondi (now closed), RoomsClub (now closed), Tui's place, BB house.

They are located right on the beach but you still have good connection to all "boys areas" - 5-7 min walk to Jomtien complex, 3-5 min walk to tul-tuk + 7-10 min ride to other areas (10 bahts/nonstop 24 hours service).

Now at time of visits I can watch romantic sunsets from balcony with boy who is sitting next to me and listen waves instead of city noise and cries "massage sir!" or "next show just in 15 min" and my sunset views aren't screened by hordes of Chinese straight tourists groups.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Trolls/hydras/fake posters are not uncommon on chat sites and when on the same day a hydra has officially been discovered here despite some posters having picked that up quite some time ago, it is surely understandable that regular members are suspicious when a new member appears and asks for extremely general information about hotels just a week away in peak season when many will be full. This is even more true when the new poster gives almost zero information on his requirements, budget etc.

i thought there is a waiting period before new posters are approved. Whether or not the one on this thread is genuine or not, the opening post was certainly suspicious. I hope I am proved wrong and that he will subsequently post of his Pattaya experiences as a mark of good faith to those trying to assist him. I wish him a happy stay wherever that might be.

Liked

All the guy did was ask about a hotel, and some of you immediately pounce on him. Do you really need to have your pitchforks and torches ready 24x7 like this? Maybe ttake some Prozac, or something.

Don't worry, if he's a troll or means the board or its membership harm, I'm sure he'll out himself as just that later. For now, he's just asking for a bloody hotel recommendationn. Chill out.

5. 6 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (February 25th, 2017), Moses (February 20th, 2017), roguebear (February 21st, 2017), scottish-guy (February 24th, 2017), stkyricesf (April 8th, 2017), werner (March 4th, 2017)

Liked

Surely a new poster deserves six posts before he is accused of being a troll?
    And if someone thinks he is one, ignore him.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (February 25th, 2017), Moses (February 20th, 2017), roguebear (February 21st, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Surely a new poster deserves six posts before he is accused of being a troll?
    And if someone thinks he is one, ignore him.
    Fair point! Yet odd that those making such comments were notably absent when sglad starting posting. I actually was the first to respond to his first post -

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Hi Jason! Welcome to SGT and welcome to Thailand! It's not often we get a nice new young poster here. Most of us are way older!

I assume you are in Bangkok. I guess lots of guys would be happy to meet up with you to show you around. But I'm sure you probably know Bangkok quite well. If not, we're here to help. Good luck!
    Pretty soon I was being trashed. By then I had notified the owners without any resultant agreement of there being a troll/hydra in our midst. Others had much earlier expressed their concern and were criticized by others. And I recall Beachlover receiving similarly warm greetings - at the start.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, especially when that is based not purely on a poster being new to a forum but the specific content of posts. I've made mine known - and accept the criticism. But I do not make them lightly. And I trust I am wrong!

Liked: 1

I don't know what point you are trying to make FH. Is Sglad a Singaprean Jason as was proclaimed?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstone2 View Post
    I don't know what point you are trying to make FH. Is Sglad a Singaprean Jason as was proclaimed?
    You must have missed this earlier today. Your prediction was correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    Members,

Sugargrandpa and sglad have been banned as they are one and the same poster...or a hydra.
    As you know, I don't ban members very often and certainly not without violating any of our few posted rules.
    Having two user names though is enough to be banned...not that I believe this poster, or any other is Beachlover.

Surfcrest

11. User who gave Like to post:

rollingstone2 (February 20th, 2017)

Liked: 1

Thank you FH. You are a gentleman. And I mean it.

Liked

it is surely understandable that regular members are suspicious when a new member appears and asks for extremely general information about hotels just a week away in peak season when many will be full. This is even more true when the new poster gives almost zero information on his requirements, budget etc.
    Yes, if you are "suspicious" there is options: ignore question. Why should we "welcome" new member with acid? "Shot first, ask late"? And then ask "where everyone is gone?" WTF???

i thought there is a waiting period before new posters are approved.
    It is. Everyone new member been approved manually.

I wish him a happy stay wherever that might be.
    Sweet Thank you
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

14. User who gave Like to post:

roguebear (February 21st, 2017)