Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cambodia to thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: cambodia to thailand

I have looked at Air Asia's Terms and Conditions. Seems they have changed their policy. There is nothing I can see stating presentation of the original credit card is now required. All it says is this -

7.1 Right to refuse carriage: We may refuse carriage of you or your baggage for reasons of safety or if, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, we determine that . . .
    k. the credit card by which you paid for the fare has been reported lost or stolen;

But best to doubtle-check directly with the airline. I checked also with Nok Air. For non-Thai issued credit cards, it still requires presentation of the card used for booking at check-in.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    My underline. Can you say this in English?
    "My emphasis"

Liked

If you afraid what he will refused to enter to Thailand in Bangkok, then you can arrange his travel by land via Poi Pet. Tickets to bus to Poi Pet are about $10, taxi to border from Siem Reap is $30 per car. There are huge market on Thai side in PoiPet, many thousands of Cambodians are crossing border in both directions for market, and even don't need travel passport to cross for them - ID is enough.

At Thai side right after border is located taxi stall with fixed price 1900 baht to any place in Bangkok or 2200 to any place in Pattaya. Bus station isn't far also, tickets are cheap.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 27th, 2017)

Liked

I accept what you say Fountainhall (and it may be that the rules have changed in the interim) but where the person presenting themselves at check-in has a completely different name and obvious nationality from that which was on the credit card which paid for the flight, it might be a different matter (or not)

I would recommend contacting Air Asia just to be sure as it was a very embarassing and frustrating incident. The financial cost was around £100 so it wasn't a fortune but the whole scenario is best avoided.

I can assure everybody I'm not making it up!

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 27th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    . . . I can assure everybody I'm not making it up!

You don’t have a history of making things up/ deliberately posting misleading information scottish-guy. So, I for one, take you at your word when you post information. It honestly never crossed my mind that the contents of your post were anything other than factual.

8. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (February 27th, 2017)

Liked

just got confirmation from Air Asia, that THEY DONT, ask for card of payment, I explained my situation, and confirmed, my bf will not have a problem, . So ive just booked him on a flight, 55$, job done

10. User who gave Like to post:

fedssocr (March 2nd, 2017)

Liked

I have used Air Asia a great deal in the past, usually when they have one of their seat sales for flights 6 months to a year ahead. These are, within Thailand at least, cheap enough to throw away if I don't need them. I have noticed that the 'credit card fee' has become increasingly a source of revenue for Air Asia and, in their recent sale, they wanted Bht350 for flights costing Bht2400. Almost 15% is taking the Mick so I viewed other payment options. They charge only Bht107 if you pay through 7-11, which I would visit anyway. If you are in doubt use 7-11; no credit card can be asked for since none was used. Also of note, Air Asia are steadily increasing the cost of bags in the hold.....

On the the other hand, flights bought almost a year ago during an Air Asia sale, CNX - URT, compare very favourably in price with CNX - USM on Bankok Airways. About 15% of the Bangkok Airways price, with more convenient timings and direct to Surat. I guess that you can charge as much as you can get away with if you own the Airport!

Liked: 1

FH said

'But best to doubtle-check directly with the airline. I checked also with Nok Air. For non-Thai issued credit cards, it still requires presentation of the card used for booking at check-in.'

Interesting, every year I fly from DMK to the South at least a couple of times on Nok Air. But I was never asked to present my credit cards. (My cards are not Thai issued of course). I can remember other airlines at times asked for CCs. Cannot remember which airlines (AirAsia could be one of them but could not be sure).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Imy BF ..........could not produce the credit card which was used to buy the ticket..
    Whilst I'm aware of the instruction that you must have the credit card the booking was made with I think I can only recall every being asked for mine once and that was quite a long time ago now.

I believe a few airlines ( Easyjet / BA / Ryanair etc and maybe a few others too) now give you the option when booking to tick a box saying "I'm booking this ticket for someone else" or words to that effect - actually I used that very option just yesterday in fact on a Ryanair booking I made for one of my staff with no further issues). I'm assuming that that then allows them to add in some extra security check to their booking process or suggests at risk the risk of same being undertaken and so putting off fraudsters or whatever or maybe just flags up to their staff to do a quick extra double check on the person travelling perhaps. So, maybe worth looking out to see IS that tick box option on Air Asia's booking site now too ?

Liked

EVA used to ask to see your credit card.

That requirement disappeared from their terms last year, for people using "verified by Visa", but unfortunately it has now made a reappearance.

I consider it to be bloody stupid and inconvenient. In the event my credit card got stolen, it would be very inconvenient & potentially expensive if they stuck to their guns.