Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cambodia to thailand

Liked

cambodia to thailand

i was just thinking if my bf will have any trouble at the airport,
    i bought him his ticket, he is flying with air asia, SR to BK
    Its his first time, leaving cambodia, and he is worried if the poice will stop him, he is coming to thailand to meet me for 2 weeks then we are flying back to cambodia together.
    Has any board members flown there bf into thaialnd?
    does any one know of any problems he might face??
    thanks for any help

paperboy

Liked

Re: cambodia to thailand

some airlines require you to have the credit card used to buy the ticket when you check in. I don't know if Air Asia does that or not.

I don't know why police would stop him. Cambodians travel to Thailand all the time. From the 2 seconds of research I just did it looks like Cambodian citizens are allowed 14 days visa-free entry into Thailand as long as you have a passport, confirmed travel itinerary and apparently some sort of proof of funds and accommodations. (not sure how stringent that last requirement is, lots of countries say travelers need those things but I've never been checked) http://cambodia.siam-legal.com/

3. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (February 21st, 2017)

Liked

thanks

Liked

I don't know about that exact route (or air travel), but my current guy is from Laos, and has been basically living here for the past 7 months. Only thing I can say is ensure your guy has an address and phone# of where he'll be staying in Thailand, otherwise they will refuse him entry. Happened to Leo first time he tried coming here at least.

Aside from that first time, he's never had an issue crossing the border. They've never once asked for proof of finances, or anything. One time he got a VISA from the Thai embassy, but aside from that has always just came in under 30 day exempt stamps, as he never stays more than 30 days anyway.

still waiting for him to get denied entry for staying more than 6 months in one year, but hasn't happened yet. Maybe things are more lax for Asean citizens. So far though, he just says he'l coming to visit his "faen" (boyfriend / girlfriend), and no issues thus far.
    n

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, you are right and he has not much to fear. In that old place I used to stay was also a Lao ladyboy working and he went ev. 30 days (his family lives in Savannakhet-s thats just over the river by bridge from MUkdaharn) and tells Thai immigr. he has a ''farang friend to take care me''. Thats enough-his work as such is illegal.
    Just the other day I had an awesome Khmer in a massageshop-he came to Th working as a yaam at the Mall untill a customer pointed him to that shop for better pay/work. He FLIES AirAsia ev 2 month to Pnom Penh-getsa Thai tourist visa for a whopping 60 US or 2000 THB (double the rate-in fact its free for now), so that totals some 5000 bt in expense at least. His family lives some 200 kms-6 hrs by bus-away from PnPenh, so he does not gets to see them often.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh-AirAsia does NOT want you to show the cred cd usd for booking-all those small agencies that provide the service-for their own fee-to the thousands of customers not holding such cards. You can in TH also book online or fone and get a nr with to pay at the 7 in a certain limit.
    Yes, some other Asean airlines can indeed be quite nasty due to the horrendous crd crd fraud they encounter, but there is always a way to have them check beforehand about it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The only low cast carrier to ask for my credit card was Nok Air - and I had taken the wrong card to Don Mueang with me. The buggers had me purchase a new ticket at a much higher fare. I did get the original one refunded but can't recall how long that took.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Just the other day I had an awesome Khmer in a massageshop-he came to Th working as a yaam at the Mall untill a customer pointed him to that shop for better pay/work.
    My underline. Can you say this in English?

Liked

I dunno about ur BF having trouble with the police but a few years ago my BF had problems with Air Asia on a ticket I'd bought him because at check-in he (obviously) could not produce the credit card which was used to buy the ticket.

Bottom line he got denied boarding, and with no refund.

No doubt you've thought of this.

Liked

ohhh, ive not thought about this, does anyone think , just beter put him on a bus.
    The thing is, we are flying to the islands for a weeks holiday together, and i cant have him arriving a day late.
    i think i will send Air asia a email and ask them
    thanks everyone for the help