Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soi twilight

Liked

soi twilight

Having just spent a few days in Bangkok , thank god the chinese are keeping these bars open,its certainly not down to the europians, having to pay 800 baht for two drinks in most bars we walked in , ordered a beer and a a water, and on two occasions mammasan asking for a drink which I flaterly refused to buy .and one thing that really bugs me ,i alway tip, but unfortunately at 800 baht a time i cant afford to tip in these bars ,on two occasions the waiter asked for a tip, which i found quite cheeky ,considering he was the one that only brought my bill.Having visited these bars for over 10 years ,i can only say they are way over priced, ok you get a show,but some of these shows are the same every night ,dont change much .

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 19th, 2017), llz (February 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: soi twilight

Welcome to the new reality!

Liked

Well guess it is good the Chinese visit the Soi Twilight bars, giving owners BIZ and cash..I for one don't visit them anymore as I don't want to watch the shows with "straight" women and their husbands in attendance...this is not interesting for me..with their giggling and so on....so I don't go..

5. User who gave Like to post:

marti (March 1st, 2017)

Liked

ok you get a show,but some of these shows are the same every night ,dont change much .[/QUOTE]

Slow night, shorter show BUT same price.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's totally unreasonable to expect shows to change each night. The amount of basic rehearsal would take up far too much time. In any case all the shows are now just variations on a theme or two. But that doesn't excuse the fact that most are also boringly routine. It's been years since they lost the element of fun they often used to have. It's now a different market.

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    It's totally unreasonable to expect shows to change each night. The amount of basic rehearsal would take up far too much time. In any case all the shows are now just variations on a theme or two. But that doesn't excuse the fact that most are also boringly routine. It's been years since they lost the element of fun they often used to have. It's now a different market.
    I agree, but the show in The Venue in Jomtien is very good, with beautiful twinks. The Venue is a pearl when you compare it with all other shows in Pattaya and Bangkok.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

markie1 (February 18th, 2017), Sugargrandpa (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I agree, but the show in The Venue in Jomtien is very good, with beautiful twinks. The Venue is a pearl when you compare it with all other shows in Pattaya and Bangkok.
    Only saw the Venue show a few years ago and agree that it was streets ahead of the shows in the go-go bars. But that is not really comparing like with like. I am sure that each Venue show has quite extensive rehearsals, and it's a real "production" whereas those in the go-go bars are hastily assembled to show off lady boys and sex-related acts. The horrifically long gaps between items is indicative of the lack of any idea of production quality.

Liked

Yes. And I never understand that many times the shows in go go bars have majority lady boys in them. It is a gay bar, clients want to see boys, but somehow the owner thinks they want to see people who look 100% female. Never understood that logic.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    It is a gay bar, clients want to see boys, but somehow the owner thinks they want to see people who look 100% female. Never understood that logic.
    It's that old Thai logic again. Thai guys love ladyboy acts. The Thai managers love ladyboy acts. Ergo, bars will present ladyboy acts whether or not there are any Thais in the audience!

And then they wonder why customers are disappearing!

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (February 21st, 2017), christianpfc (February 19th, 2017)

Liked

I think there are two types of customers, those who want to watch a show and those who want to off a boy. I belong to the second category. These are completely different businesses, unfortunately mixed up. But I can rejoice: there are a few places that offer exactly what I want (just boys on stage): Super A, Nature Boy, Power Boys, Nice Boys,...; in those who have a show, I plan my visit to be before or after show.

16. User who gave Like to post:

Indianer (July 24th, 2017)