Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

A short while ago I noticed that I had started something like three out of the top six threads. So I'm on a sabbatical.

Liked

But I do notice that quite a few members here start threads on other boards but not on this one. Shame as some of them are very interesting.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I believe S.G.T. loss of posters and posts began when the old board became this one.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I believe that a number moved to new pastures during the previous regime and haven't been tempted back. Thinking of posters like Trongpai, always a source of interesting well presented information. You have to go to the dark side to catch up with him now.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm not sure how the Boards used to work, but many posters now seem not just to cross over quite regularly, they also post the same post on two or more boards. There used to be quite a degree of Board loyalty. That seems to be no longer the case. My guess the basic reason surely had to be the subjects being posted.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Maybe it's all been said before...

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 19th, 2017)

Liked

.....and by the same posters. There has been a problem for many years in this respect; a dozen or so regulars communicate with each other, resulting in the discouragement of occasional and new posters.
    A decade or so back, that communication was characterized by verbal abuse, leading me to suspect that these few posters involved knew each other, probably drank with each other and were playing some sort of game with the rest of us..
    Now the abuse is markedly reduced, the impression still remains that some posters are friends or acquaintences and that the forum is just a gay Thailand version of LINE or Facebook.

10. User who gave Like to post:

loke (March 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Gaythailand and Gaybutton thrieve and S.G.T.'s lose has been their gain. Gaythailand is strictly for sexpats and sex tourists and is full of up to date info. for their needs as well as a considerable amount of photos, Gaybutton's forum I believe caters to an older crowd that prefers to discuss current affars in the U.S. and gives helpful info to those living and traveling mostly to Pattaya, having said that I am not sure what void S.G.T. fills.....There is also a 360 degree disconnect between this forum and the travel log part of S.G.T.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    "I'm assuming you're alluding to me."

Well, as a matter of fact, I wasn't.

Then who were you alluding to? There's latin, and I think we all collectively dislike him, myself included, although I still don't think that's justification enough to ban him.

Then there was recently that SGlad guy who was here for a while. I have no idea if he was Beachlover or not, nor do I really care, but I at least thought he made some decent contributions. Nonetheless, fountainhall seems to have fucked him off rather quickly.

Aside from that, who else would you consider a troll? After all, there's only about 15 of us here.

Oh, and as for your speech-to-text question, I didn't answer as due to previous comments you made directed towards me, I decided it wasn't worth dignifying. No, I don't use speech-to-text at all on the computer. 60% of the time I'm typing code, I bounce around applications too much, don't really care about typos in personal messages, and for work related messages wouldn't trust its accuracy enough. I just use a screen reader called Orca, so it reads the screen out to me, plus every time I press a key it speaks what character I typed.

The reason for things like double L's is because when typing a non-work message like a SGT post, I generally type closer to my normal speed, and screen reader can't keep up at all. So when it says "L L" in ~0.2 seconds while I'm typing away, I usually won't even notice. Then when having it read back to me to proofread it, the words "result" and "resullt" will sound exactly the same, so I won't notice then either. There you go, mystery solved.

Oh, and "b" is the keyboard shortcut to select the next push button on the page (ie. Post Quick Reply), but obviously I forgot to unfocus from the textbox at first. Then I have no idea why "n" is there, but I'm assuming because it's beside "b". Other than that, if you ever decide to act like a respectful, mature adult and ask properly, maybe I'll take the time to answer in kind. Otherwise I could less what you think, but it would be really nice if you had the decency to use your 'silent voice".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Then there was recently that SGlad guy who was here for a while. I have no idea if he was Beachlover or not, nor do I really care, but I at least thought he made some decent contributions. Nonetheless, fountainhall seems to have fucked him off rather quickly
    Not true! Initially I stood up for sglad despite reservations and others including Christianpfc outright stating he appeared a troll. I was soon proved wrong. His more recent posts could never have been made by a young 20s from Singapore allgedly studying in Chiang Mai. The comparisons with BL were similar in some respects, but I have a feeling he was not that near destroyer of a Boards but another old groaner who does in fact live in Chiang Mai area.