Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

The problem with this and the other boards is that it isn't friendly to new posters.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of new posters are accused of being a troll within the first 2 weeks of their posting here.
    People read that and think "Don't like these fights, I not go post".

I would say give new posters a few weeks time, after a few weeks it should be clear if someone is a troll or not. Don't start accusations in the first few posts of a newby. It really discourages. (Unless, it is as clear as daylight someone is a troll indeed)

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (February 19th, 2017), loke (March 11th, 2017), Moses (February 18th, 2017), Surfcrest (February 18th, 2017)

Liked

If everyone who had given a reason why there are few new posts recently had posted a new topic then this discussion would not be taking place.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (February 19th, 2017), Surfcrest (February 18th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    The problem with this and the other boards is that it isn't friendly to new posters.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of new posters are accused of being a troll within the first 2 weeks of their posting here . . . I would say give new posters a few weeks time, after a few weeks it should be clear if someone is a troll or not. Don't start accusations in the first few posts . . .
    I don't believe the first part is true, but agree with the second part. I first started posting on gaythailand more than 10 years ago. I read the forum for a few months before I summoned up the courage to post. There was not much backbiting on that board at that time but I was never sure how new posters would be received.

But I also think we have to be realistic that forums like this, gaybuttonthai and gaythailand are essentially vehicles where older westerners give their views on topics of interest to an older age group. Unfortunately this means there are few if any non-westerners becoming members. I believe gaythailand has two, one who posts he is around 55 and I believe the other is a bit younger - and wish this forum had some. But we need to be realistic to a certain extent. How likely is it that any mid-20s post-graduate student allegedly from Singapore is likely to be interested in becoming a regular contributor on any of the three Boards? Perhaps an occasional post to find out something about the gay scene, but as a regular poster? I don't believe I have heard of any in the last 11 years (other than Beachlover who was a troll par excellence who pulled the wool over moderators' eyes for far too long)! In any case, there is a Singapore-based chat room with vastly more members and threads that include extensive information about Thailand and all parts of Asia.

And as a final note, I am not breaking any Board rule when I say I wrote to sglad early on in his correspondence to inform him I'd be in Chiang Mai and would happily meet him to show him around. Since it was a PM I can not reveal what he replied. But no meeting - not even for a quick coffee or drink - took place. That of course proves nothing - but suggests a great deal! After all, Beachlover also turned down every offer to meet up, even for a free dinner with Michael who owned gaythailand at that time.
    Last edited by fountainhall; February 18th, 2017 at 13:45.

Liked

I wouldn't meet with any members either. Free dinner or not. And I'm certainly not a troll and nor am I Beachlover.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I wouldn't meet with any members either. Free dinner or not. And I'm certainly not a troll and nor am I Beachlover.
    Well let's face it, there can't be many members in the depths of China

Funny thing was, old Beachlover had several times said in posts he'd like to meet Michael.

Liked

And having spent literally hundreds of days in Pattaya I find it difficult to imagine that those who live there or are there on vacation can't find something interesting to post every couple of days in terms of general chit chat. It doesn't have to be profound or an essay, just a line or two.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Strange, I always thought you were B.L.

Liked

MFAS wrote:
    "Strange, I always thought you were B.L. "

Really! Why?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

MFAS wrote:
    "Strange, I always thought you were B.L. "

Really! Why?

Merely in jest as an attempt to keep this thread going or would you rather discuss the Tartawan Hotel?

Liked

Please God no. Well I am a beach lover but not the Beachlover. Haha.