Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

It's my impression that in addition to a larger number of posters the various chat rooms used to have, there was a much wider range of subjects than is the case now. I haven't posted on gaythailand for a few years but I seem to recall that the Beer Bar in that forum used to be almost as active as the main Thailand-related board. Perhaps long-term posters like Christianpfc, pong and BKKguy can confirm if this was also their impression. Now gt.com has become much more of a visitor's report card of daily sexual activities. Clearly there is a market for this as the number of posters has definitely increased over, say, 3 years ago.

gaybuttonthai was always a Pattaya-centric board ever since GB started his Board after it had been announced that gaythailand was closing. Perhaps ironically its posting volume has mushroomed recently thanks almost exclusively to an active thread on Donald Trump.

I really cannot speak for this Board because I did not post much here until quite recently.

Apart from subject matter, though, the question still remains: what happened to the loads of posters who either no longer contribute or do so only very intermittently. Is it because posting has just become boring? Is it because, as christianpfc points out, the same topics seem just to go round and round and round? Are the Boards, like the go-go bars, on a slow irreversible decline? Has the rapid increase in the number of websites giving details of gay activities in Thailand reduced the need for personal information from members of chat rooms? And on that subject, could or should the Boards be doing more to provide much more easily readable, detailed and accurate up-to-date information for gay visitors without the need to troll through endless threads? Just thoughts.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Apart from subject matter, though, the question still remains: what happened to the loads of posters who either no longer contribute or do so only very intermittently. Is it because posting has just become boring? and accurate up-to-date information for gay visitors without the need to troll through endless threads? Just thoughts.
    Maybe a lot of old timers have died? Lets face it. the average age of Farang go go bar visitors is above 50, if not 55. So from all members who 10 years ago were 65 and up:
    1) Some of them must now be dead
    2) Some are now too old to bother posting (it is all less important, have seen it all, have read it all)
    3) Some have lost their libido (or most of it, if they still can get an erection), so they have quit visiting Thailand and do not post anymore

So I wouldn't be surprised that the bulk of members who were 65+ ten years ago, have vanished now from the forums.

But where is the new generation?

I am 44. I started my sex tourist life a bit more than 2 years ago, when I first visited Thailand. In Europe it is impossible to have at my age free sex with a hot 20 year old twink. And if you get free sex, it is with a type way below what you really want (you settle then for your number 10 in stead of fucking your number 1 preference). In Thailand you can have sex with your number 1 preference for not much money. But I am an exception among my generation. I not really understand why that is. Who doesn't want sex with his number 1 type? And what is 1500 baht? Its nothing.

The question we must ask is: where is the new generation of sex tourists? If they come into being, then they also will become members of these forums.

Maybe my generation has less money to spend? Many people in my country with a job do not have much money to spend when the fixed monthly costs are subtracted. My generation is the first one in ages in Western Europe who is less affluent than the previous one. That can explain why there aren't many gay sex tourists around 30-40 in Thailand, but there are many 55 and up.
    Last edited by AsDaRa; February 19th, 2017 at 14:18.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (March 17th, 2017), lego (February 19th, 2017), loke (March 11th, 2017), scottish-guy (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I believe from what I've read lately there are still a few "dead people" posting, mostly about the Tartawan Hotel.

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 19th, 2017), BonTong (February 19th, 2017), fountainhall (February 19th, 2017), francois (February 19th, 2017), scottish-guy (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

AsDaRa's suggestions above are, unfortunately, too close to home for me as I experience my 76th year.

1) Some of them must now be dead .... Does not apply to me.... yet

2) Some are now too old to bother posting (it is all less important, have seen it all, have read it all).... Applies to me
    3) Some have lost their libido (or most of it, if they still can get an erection), so they have quit visiting Thailand and do not post anymore.....Applies to me. Doctor says I can't travel because of weak lungs. I say, what's the point of travel if I can't do anything once I get there?

All the best to my younger colleagues on SGT. Enjoy while you can.

7. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (February 19th, 2017), arsenal (February 19th, 2017), AsDaRa (February 19th, 2017), fountainhall (February 19th, 2017), GWMinUS (March 17th, 2017), lego (February 19th, 2017), Sugargrandpa (February 19th, 2017), TaoR (February 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think I'm going to print your post out Bob and stick it on my wall and every time I'm thinking "ah why should I even bother myself" just re-read your words, especially the enjoy it while you can part and sit up and think again perhaps !

All I can say to you is that life's not over until it's over and until you breath your last breath keep on going just as best you can and still try to enjoy every day. ( easier said than done I know and talk and platitudes are cheap I know, but hey it's not a bad ideal for us ALL to try and live up to I guess.

So, my best to you and YOU TOO enjoy while you can :-)

9. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (February 19th, 2017), arsenal (February 19th, 2017), fountainhall (February 19th, 2017), llz (February 20th, 2017)

Liked

Bob, you're an inspiration!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 19th, 2017), fountainhall (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Bob, you're an inspiration!
    I concure. I believe the last poster to openly dicuss "loss of libido" was Catawumpascat.

Liked

I think this board was more entertaining with posters like LMTU, Kommentariat or Tim...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I concure. I believe the last poster to openly dicuss "loss of libido" was Catawumpascat.
    Was this before or after he was neutered?

Liked

I agree. And that is also my attitude. Enjoy it while you can.

This year, my third year as a sex tourist, can already be my last if I loose my job. You don't need to be old for the fun to end.
    I hope it will last as long for me as it has for some of the forum members here, but I am fully aware it isn't guarenteed at all. A well paying job is a precondition.

16. User who gave Like to post:

loke (March 11th, 2017)