Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    But we need to be realistic to a certain extent. How likely is it that any mid-20s post-graduate student allegedly from Singapore is likely to be interested in becoming a regular contributor on any of the three Boards? .
    In general I would say it isn't that unlikely to be in your twenties and have the desire to pay Thai boys for sex. Not every 20-something year old from Europe (or Singapore in this case) looks attractive, or can easily get the type they want for free. Why wouldn't they use these boards to find out about the go go bars etc? I have seen Farang in their twenties in Soi Twilight last year.

If he was not from Singapore, but from Europe, it would make it unlikely for me for one reason only: most students don't have the money to travel each year to Thailand for sex. So that is why it is unlikely many of them are a member of a sex tourist forum. They don't have yet the means to be a sex tourist. So indeed if a 20 year old European student becomes then a member that is reason for some suspecion.

But in the case of an exchange student from Singapore? Not sure what to think.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Merely in jest as an attempt to keep this thread going or would you rather discuss the Tartawan Hotel?
    The TARTAWAN hotel ! WHAT !!! They've changed the name from Tarntawan !!? OMG this is shocking, and is obviously a sign that the premises are continuing in their steady decline !

Right, that's it, I think we'd better start a thread to discuss this shocking revelation of an enforced name change ( did they keep the old staff on from the old Tarntawan I wonder ?? ) and whether we're happy about it or not and most importantly how this shock might affect our members here re their long term mental health and well being. ( Mind you for some I think THAT ship sailed a LONG time ago now ! :-)

3. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (February 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    Why wouldn't they use these boards to find out about the go go bars etc? I have seen Farang in their twenties in Soi Twilight last year.
    Ah but you forget! Sglad is not in Bangkok and so Soi Twilight would not be for him. He is - so he tells us - a student in Chiang Mai. Further, he told us in an early post he's not interested in the Chiang Mai commercial gay scene. Of what specific interest, therefore, is a gay chat room dealing mostly with the commercial gay scene in Bangkok and Pattaya?

And further, as I have said, why would he join a Thailand based site where the posters mostly relate their tales with money boys when there is a much larger Singapore-based site with a great deal of information on all things gay in Thailand?

And why is it that over the last ten years or so there has been, as far as I am aware, only one Singaporean who has joined any of the three Thailand chat rooms dealing frequently with gogo bars and sex tourism? Young Singaporeans have their own chat rooms, their own travel guides and their own network. Very few are interested in offing boys from bars. Their scene is far more saunas and massage spas.

Liked

Well, I don't know. I would have started posting in Summer / Fall of 2009, making me 27 or 28 at the time...
    b

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Christain PFC who has left his mark here has become an avid poster on Gaythailand.

Liked

No doubt about the authenticity of Christian, PFC, he is what he says he is unlike so many others.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (February 19th, 2017), Khor tose (February 19th, 2017), llz (February 20th, 2017)

Liked

I feel very tempted to say that this thread is living proof that it's sufficient to check this board for news once per month nowadays... A sad state of affairs, really...
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 19th, 2017), loke (March 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Christain PFC who has left his mark here has become an avid poster on Gaythailand.
    Quite a few who post here also post on other sites, in at least one case using three different handles. Does that suggest the topics on other sites might hold more interest?

Re Christianpfc, didn't he start his posting career on gaythailand?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

as for your Q: Right now, after a good meal of khao-man-khai-tord for 35 bt, sit in an internetcafe in one of the many RamKamHaeng sois @ 10 bt/hr. Yes, since late last yr this once lively forum has been overtaken in quality, quantity etc by the other GayTh one. Even the usual bitches recently seem to have left.
    Sadly there is one more forum even more dead, which used to have much more interesting points as all that all-the-same-all-the-time newbee questions, and thats not gaybutton.

Liked

I have been accused of driving members away with my racist and anti-Semitic jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    It'll be a few months, but planning to relocate us to Chiang Mai soon. Who knows, in my new home city, maybe I'll have a better chance of meeting of our many esteemed members.
    A misrepresentation of reality. I hope nobody in Chiang Mai falls for your deceptions and tricks, or if they do, they report here. Allow me to post our email-communication leading to our not-meeting in Khon Kaen?

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Maybe it's all been said before...
    Indeed. I have been on the forums since 2009, and the same subjects are discussed over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Re Christianpfc, didn't he start his posting career on gaythailand?
    Yes indeed. By recommendation of a friend, I started posting on gaythailand in 2009. Since 2013, when I started my blog, I rarely start topics on the forums, but reply to existing topics. That's why my activity on a forum is proportional to activity by others.
    Last edited by christianpfc; February 19th, 2017 at 12:53.