The bastard.

2. User who gave Like to post:

AsDaRa (March 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    You've totally missed the point.
    Seems I have missed quite a bit more than that today! And how could I possibly have underestimated your number of posts? An eye check is clearly called for or the magnifying glass I use needs to be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    When the regular posters decide to leave then that's the end of the board.
    Two questions. Why should that be? Why is it not possible to attract more posters? This site - and I assume the others, too - states that it has large readership. Assuming that is correct, what is it they want to read and yet do not want to contribute? Curious!

And then, would it really be the end of this Board? I assume Moses bought into the site for a specific reason and not to throw money away. He has his own travel business interests which presumably could/would continue in some form.

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 11th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    When the regular posters decide to leave then that's the end of the board

The most interesting regulars have already left, virtually left, or been banned.

All we are left with today in the way of 'regulars' is a small clique of nasty egotists who 'like' each other's posts, even when absolutely nothing of note is posted. They shout 'Hydra' the moment a newbie has the temerity to post. They feel compelled to comment on every thread, even when they have nothing of relevance to contribute and hence disenfranchise the remainder of 'irregular' posters, who might otherwise be inclined to post more frequently.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    The most interesting regulars have already left....
    As your continued presence amply demonstrates

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    The most interesting regulars have already left, virtually left, or been banned.

All we are left with today in the way of 'regulars' is a small clique of nasty egotists who 'like' each other's posts, even when absolutely nothing of note is posted.
    Speak for yourself, MiniMee.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 11th, 2017), fountainhall (March 12th, 2017), scottish-guy (March 11th, 2017)

Liked

I liked your post just to annoy the fucker

11. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Minimee: Anyone is free to join the clique (nasty,,,really,,,coming from you?) and that includes you who spent the best part of this century harassing SG about his holiday plans. All it requires is to be a sane and balanced poster. Doesn't mean you can't dig, be snide, be rude and chuck insults and in fact have big fuck off argument both on the board and via pms. But if that's all you want to do then it's hard to see why you remain a member.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Two questions.

Why is it not possible to attract more posters?

And then, would it really be the end of this Board?
    I've posted a number of times in the past as to why I believe we can't attract new posters. As long as we have members who spend most of their time here personally attacking others instead of focusing on the content of the posts, why would they want to? What's in it for them?

So what do they do? They join gaythailand.com or gaybuttonthai.com instead, neither of which tolerates such behaviour.

For some reason, the powers that be seem think keeping someone who constantly insults fellow posters is more beneficial to the board than attracting new members.

Recently there has been some discussion about the future of the boards. All three seem to be sustained by a small number of regular posters. Some of our previous posters have now moved boards. (Remember bucknaway? He hasn't posted here for ages.) As fountainhall points out, the others are content to just read and not contribute. So once that small cohort stops posting, who is going to fill their place?

A more important question would probably be: what incentive does this board offer to potential posters to entice them to post here, as opposed to them choosing the other boards?

14. User who gave Like to post:

goji (April 15th, 2017)

Liked

Less and less and less gays are going to Thailand or retiring there. So there are less and less and less people to contribute to these forums.

Liked

....and, of course, the very idea of message boards/forums does not appeal to younger people who prefer the instant self-gratification of Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and a host of other things I've haven't even heard of