It's my impression that in addition to a larger number of posters the various chat rooms used to have, there was a much wider range of subjects than is the case now. I haven't posted on gaythailand for a few years but I seem to recall that the Beer Bar in that forum used to be almost as active as the main Thailand-related board. Perhaps long-term posters like Christianpfc, pong and BKKguy can confirm if this was also their impression. Now gt.com has become much more of a visitor's report card of daily sexual activities. Clearly there is a market for this as the number of posters has definitely increased over, say, 3 years ago.

gaybuttonthai was always a Pattaya-centric board ever since GB started his Board after it had been announced that gaythailand was closing. Perhaps ironically its posting volume has mushroomed recently thanks almost exclusively to an active thread on Donald Trump.

I really cannot speak for this Board because I did not post much here until quite recently.

Apart from subject matter, though, the question still remains: what happened to the loads of posters who either no longer contribute or do so only very intermittently. Is it because posting has just become boring? Is it because, as christianpfc points out, the same topics seem just to go round and round and round? Are the Boards, like the go-go bars, on a slow irreversible decline? Has the rapid increase in the number of websites giving details of gay activities in Thailand reduced the need for personal information from members of chat rooms? And on that subject, could or should the Boards be doing more to provide much more easily readable, detailed and accurate up-to-date information for gay visitors without the need to troll through endless threads? Just thoughts.