Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    ..Matt...may be existing in a seriously delusional world...he's best left to the ongoing creation of his parallel universe. IMHO
    Wow , Bob - immediately previous to that post you criticised un-named individuals for "denigrating other members", then hardly pausing to draw breath you go and do the same yourself!

I'll order up another gross of those custard pies.

2. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (March 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Allow me to answer Brad and Surfcrest and hopefully that's it.
    I thought PMs were exactly that; private. It began with Surfcrest drip feeding information to members from a PM, which is a despicable act. (It’s even worse when the information is not true.) This led to my posting of my PM to him. It's mine so I can decide whether or not to release it.

Come on A447, Surf did exactly the same thing with me and you did not say a word. Posting PMs is only bad when it is your PM? All I can say is that I told you guys a long time ago that Surf was Neal in another form and no--you didn't believe me. So in MHO you have no bitch. Ignore Brad he was always a bit dumb

4. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (March 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

SG: read it again. I said No offense intended, and I meant it. I just think Matt needs more contact with English speaking residents of KK.

Liked

Oh I noticed the "no offence" right away, Bob

I've used that device too - usually right after something like:

"You look like someone poured petrol on your face, set it on fire and then beat out the flames with a baseball bat"

In your case you say you mean it when you add "no offence" - whereas I almost never do!!

Sorry for tarring you with the same brush as me!

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 18th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Fabulous, an absolutely fabulous thread. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in years.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose View Post
    Come on A447, Surf did exactly the same thing with me and you did not say a word.
    KT, I can't recall someone ever divulging the contents of anyone's PM., let alone yours. It's unheard of in chat forums.

Did you post about it when it happened or did Surfcrest post it within a thread? If it was the latter, I may have missed it as I don't read all the topics.

Surfcrest 's action is akin to a lawyer posting his client's details, however innocuous, on the internet. Or a catholic priest hearing someone 's confession then broadcasting it to the entire congregation. Imagine the furore that would create.

When Neal was running this board, he once told me that he had the capacity to read member's PM's.

"But, of course, I would never do such a thing!" he said, with a straight face.

I don't know for certain whether he could or not, but at the time he was feuding with me and a couple of other posters, he was able to prevent some PMs getting through and could delete incoming PMs. That suggests he may have been reading them.

He was even able to send me a PM pretending to be Sooty - one of Kommentariat's aliases. Of course, he denied on the forum ever doing that, but he forgot one thing - Sooty was banned at the time and so couldn't possibly have sent it.

Since then I've limited the number of PMs I've sent and been extra careful as to what info I reveal.

But maybe you're right, KT. Members perhaps are willing to accept such a gross breach of internet privacy protocols - until they have a run in with Surfcrest one day, fire up their computers and see their own PM'S plastered on the forum.

Surfcrest has done irreparable damage to his reputation and credibility through a thoughtless act of vindictiveness in an attempt to extract some kind of revenge .

But revenge for what? I'm still not sure.

Is it because of the decision I made? Was I such a wonderful, witty, engaging and fabulous member without whom the board cannot survive? Hardly.

Is it because, as Brad said, I provoked him by mentioning the fact that another board had lots of new members? Hardly, considering I had already made the same comments in the thread, so he was already well aware of them and let them pass without comment.

Even Neal at his worst was able to resist the temptation to post members' PM'S. So you're right - Surfcrest is indeed Neal in a different form. But a worse form.

And like with Neal, you'd certainly think twice before going into business with him!

Liked

Throughout this entire thread a447, you have accused me of being dishonest, dispicable, untruthful and blackening your name "a447" by accurately describing to you your request for me to muzzle Frequent. No matter how many times I described what you said, you denied it until I published your request...and now the outrage is about me publishing your PM behind the PM you published in the same thread. What I published proves the real truth...which unfortunately is not your version of the truth. This yelling you describe me doing to you is also not so, when you review the abuse you've thrown at me unprovoked. It's all in this thread, for anyone to review.

Bye

Surfcrest

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 18th, 2017), frequent (March 19th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

A447's retort......

https://youtu.be/WOjhDtWDPz8
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

13. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (March 18th, 2017)

Liked

"Where are they now?" might be a good title for a new thread.

15. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (March 18th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    No matter how many times I described what you said, you denied it until I published your request...and now the outrage is about me publishing your PM behind the PM you published ...
    Hang on! You are conveniently forgetting a couple of important details here.

A). I published my own PM. first, to refute your claims. You published the other PM after I'd published mine, not "behind" it! WTF?

B). I am allowed to reveal my own PM'S, as they are exactly that - mine. You went ahead and released a PM which was not your own - it was somebody else's. And on the internet, that's a big no-no.

C). There is not a lot of difference between the two PM'S. Both clearly show that there is no request to "muzzle" - there is a request to enforce your rules. If there was no rule to be enforced, then obviously I would not have asked you to do so. I can hardly expect you to enforce a rule that doesn't exist!

The other accusations you made are nowhere to be found in those PMst, either. Both of my PM'S are up on the board so why not highlight the parts where you say I asked you to do all those things? That shouldn't be too difficult.

For example, where is my alleged request to "create a new rule?" I can't find it, so I'm surprised you can.

And the request for privileged treatment? Funny, I can't seem to find that, either.

And the request to you to fight my battles for me? Since when is asking you to make sure posters abide by the rules - your rules - akin to a request to fight a battle for me?

Surfcrest, are we reading the same PM'S?? We are not talking about interpretation of remarks here ; you made specific accusations, so please post specific evidence.

You've said "Bye." (Don't you now wish you had just said that as a response to my OP and quickly moved on?). But Wait! Come back! You haven't explained yourself properly.

And you forgot to not mention the ethics involved in posting someone's PM.