Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

Looking over at gaybuttonthai, it is obvious that MFAS is sedentary. Spends all his time bar one short trip per annum in Pattaya (several bars no doubt). No wonder he will not go near my challenge!

From gaybuttonthai Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:24 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Undaunted
    I have been here for nearly 14 yrs
    From gaybuttonthai Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:18 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Undaunted
    I have just booked my yearly escape from Pattaya.....This year it will be Hanoi.....Qatar Air non stop round trip $154.00
    To paraphrase your words MFAS, "get a life other than the one you have" in sin city Pattaya. You might even learn something about the world!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447

Recently, Kommie re-opened an old wound in one of his posts. I reported the post but nothing was done about it. I then pm’d you but you didn’t even bother to reply.

As I understood it, it was decided last year after much discussion in one of the threads that the original offending post outlining a trip Kommie took with me would stay but that a link to it was not allowed. Therefore, I expected that post (not the poster) to be deleted. When I checked today, it was still there.

I understand you can’t please everyone and sometimes a choice must be made. In this case, you chose to support Kommie’s post and allow it to stay on the forum, rather than protecting the right of a member not to be harassed. So be it.

Leaving the post on the board means I cannot remain here. It is not a decision I have taken likely, but I’m not going to go through that whole harassment thing again. I’m sorry, but I’ve had it up to here. Criticism is fine, but not harassment. As I wrote in my pm, enough is enough!

So I will now cease being an active poster here into the foreseeable future (unless the need arises), and concentrate on posting on the other two forums.

I’ve been a member for 11 years, have made over 2000 posts and written innumerable trip reports from Japan and just about every country in S.E. Asia (and a couple in Europe). My trip reports alone have gathered countless thousands of views over the years.

I hope you continue to enjoy Kommie’s posts, especially if you are into fake news and alternative facts. I’m sure you will see my leaving and Kommie's offending post remaining as a good deal for the board.

But I'm not sure all the members will feel that way.
    You know a447....as I told you before, you're looking for attention from the wrong guy.

Surfcrest

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 17th, 2017), cdnmatt (March 17th, 2017)

Liked

Surfcrest: "Beachlover has not returned, Homintern is dead and Kommie is back under a new...or not so new name. "

Sorry, I missed the point. Kommentariat is now Frequent? I hope a447 will cool down again, I love his trip reports.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 17th, 2017), fountainhall (March 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

As "quiet" departures go, this has certainly been pretty raucous. Why not just stop posting if that's what you want to do.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (March 17th, 2017)

Liked

Welcome to our forum

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 17th, 2017), fountainhall (March 17th, 2017), Khor tose (March 17th, 2017)

Liked

Allow me to answer Brad and Surfcrest and hopefully that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    As "quiet" departures go, this has certainly been pretty raucous. Why not just stop posting if that's what you want to do.
    Well, it was quiet, buried deep in this thread, until Surfcrest posted his reply, accusing me of saying things I didn't. That's when it became "raucous". He chose to shout at me and make false allegations as I proceeded towards the door, rather than just let me leave and not have to defend myself.

Surely I can’t be held responsible for his decision to make those comments.

But he didn't even need to reply. I simply said there was a disagreement which I purposely didn't go into, and left it at that. There was nothing in my post to reply to. No criticism of him. No accusations. Nothing.

If Surfcrest wanted to reply, all he had to say, if anything, was "bye!" Instead, he chose to go on the attack, posting fake news and alternative facts in an attempt to blacken my name.

How is that in any way a reply to my post? What is the good of attacking the messenger, rather than the message?

I thought PMs were exactly that; private. It began with Surfcrest drip feeding information to members from a PM, which is a despicable act. (It’s even worse when the information is not true.) This led to my posting of my PM to him. It's mine so I can decide whether or not to release it.

But now Surfcrest has committed a cardinal sin on internet forums - he has released my other PM without my permission!

This betrayal of privacy has not been seen on the board since Neal was in control. A dangerous precedent has now been set.

This man has no scruples.

Surfcrest, you reveal the contents of PMs at your own peril.

Now Brad, at the moment I’m just replying to the posts which refer directly to me. Like this one. Are you denying me the right of reply, a right you are quick to exercise yourself? And quite robustly, at times?

Surfcrest, if I wanted attention, either from you or anyone else, wouldn’t I have begun by posting the details of the disagreement on the open forum? And in a separate thread?

Also, I imagine I'd be bombarding you with PM'S. In reality, PM's between us since you took over the board have been few and far between.

All I ever asked of you is that an existing rule, which had been broken, be applied and that you stick to what was previously agreed. Nothing more. How is that “seeking attention”? I was seeking action from you, not attention. There’s a difference.

And in any case, why would I seek attention from someone who hardly ever posts on the forum?

Finally, you suggested that I was after some kind of privilege, or wanted to be treated differently. I’m not sure what you were saying, as you omitted a verb.

But it is not me who is being given privileged treatment. It’s Kommie/frequent, who you have decided is exempt from the rules.

Surfcrest, have you ever stated that you were aware that Kommie was also posting as Brisbaneguy and Sooty at the same time? Think carefully. Have you?

If so, then you are giving him special treatment. In a recent thread you stated that posting with more than one handle meant that you were banned. You told us you banned Sglad for that very reason. You had no qualms applying the rule to him.

Last year, on two separate occasions, Kommie attempted to sabotage this board by making posts where he added links to newspaper articles containing highly defamatory comments about a certain high profile Thai figure and his son. Fortunately, the posts were caught in time and quickly deleted.

By allowing him to remain on the board even after that, you are suggesting that the transgressions by Kor Tose, AsDaRa, kjun12, et al are more serious than any attempts by Kommie to destroy the board.

He can do it again.

Kommie has Surfcrest by the balls.
    Last edited by a447; March 17th, 2017 at 15:24.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    After a disagreement with Surfcrest I've decided I can't stay on this board any longer. So for the foreseeable future I will no longer be an active poster on this board (unless the need arises), but will concentrate on posting on gaythailand and gaybutton, both of which had seen a resurgence in popularity recently, it would seem. Gaythailand,in particular, has been rejuvenated with a large increase in new members.

I want to leave the house quietly and not storm out slamming the door behind me, so that's all I'll say.

As many members here have also joined the other boards I'm looking forward to chatting to you over there. Although I'm leaving the house I am not handing back the key so I can continue to exchange PM's with others.

No hard feelings.

Cheers!

A447
    A447, this post is your initial farewell. Despite your attempts to portray it as such, it is not a quiet departure.

You are at a party, you have a disagreement with the host, how should you leave? Yes, quietly through the front door.

However you have to make an announcement to the other guests that you have had a disagreement with the host which is driving you away from the party, then tell everyone that there are better and more popular parties down the street, where other of his guests have already gone!

Any host would respond to that provocation.

I have enjoyed your posts, and took your side when there was discussion about Kommie's fake posts about his holiday with you. However in arguments you have a tendency to twist the truth to suit yourself in a pretty insincere way.

Stop whining, and enjoy the other parties.

12. User who gave Like to post:

loke (March 17th, 2017)

Liked

Kommie...Brisbaneguy...Sooty...all three of them were tossers. Frequent too has been a tosser up to now although as long as he remains a member can always always alter their online persona.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

L.M.T.U. was a close friend who introduced me to the boards. In his time he took alot of abuse inturn he probably gave more...Upon reading some of his posts and some replies I said John does none of this bother you, his reply was simple....he said never forget this is virtual....and if you do stop posting!

Liked

You know some of my posts over the years have been quite lengthy (like the one above) so I could have written so much more had I wished to do so. i actually thought I was quite restrained in my comments.

Any host would respond to that provocation
    What? By broadcasting private information about me to the other guests?

You don't have a problem with the owner of an internet board releasing private messages?? That is an unforgivable breach of trust,and yet my "provocation" is more important to you??

You don't think that Surfcrest has 'twisted the truth to suit (himself) in a pretty insincere way?" I mean, you read the accusations he made. I presume you have read the PM'S. And you say Im acting I sincerely?

Anyway, I do hope to be enjoying the other parties - if I can make it out the door!

16. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (March 18th, 2017)