Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post

It really would be quite interesting to know the average age of those who do post even occasionally.
    This very question was possed to the membership of Gaybuttonthai.
    Members were asked to state their age(voluntarily)1 or 2 stated they were under 50.....some as high as 76..... most who responded fell in the age group of 60-67....Only a guess, but I imagine those statistics wouldn't change much if the same question was possed here.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Wait, these are gay guys you're talking about - and not just that but gay guys on the Internet !

If they admit to being 50 you can be damn sure it's safe to add 10 years to that, and maybe even 20!

Therefore any conclusions based on stated ages must be taken with a very large pinch of salt

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm 29, a multimillionaire, have an Asian BF, own many apartments throughout Thailand and fly everywhere first class.........oh, no, wait, that's Beachlover I thinking of !! lol

Seriously.......I'm 48......I don't see why people would object to sharing that information with others or feel the need to lie about it - oh no again wait, as SG's says it IS the internet and a gay forum......hmmmm yeah so as I said I'm 38. ( No I I really am 48 ! )

But i should add that that's only 48 and 7 weeks and 2 days.......so a LOT closer to 47 than 48 really....... can you tell someone hasn't QUITE got their head aound being 48 yet !! as I'm still at the WHAT I'm 48 !!! WTF !! As based on my previous partying and general debaucherous lifestyle I didn't even expect to live to 40 and now I'm 48 ! How the hell did THAT happen !! :-( Mind I should just be pleased that it did. Now, if only I could stop various bits falling off me and breaking down every day when I wake up now it seems I'd be delighted.

Liked

Seems I am the youngest poster here, just celebrated by 19th birthday this past Feb. 29.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Marsilius (March 14th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by loke View Post
    ...this forum is like a private club for 10 members...
    ...and yet if you take a look at the page listing the various forums, you will see that it says "Threads18,224. Posts 215,271. Members 1,046. Active Members 421".

That begs the question as to what make a SGF member "active". That he is still, perhaps, breathing?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The number of "active" posters can't be much more than 10% of the stated numbers.

Liked

The number of "active" posters can't be much more than 10% of the stated numbers.
    Newer say "never".

Statistics works in according to setup. If you will setup statistics module "show active for past 10 years" then module will show you 90% of total as "active". Here we have setup "show active" who has log-in at forum at past 6 months.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

The actual number of 'active' posters here is dwindling.

One by one.

I have had enough of "fake news" and "alternative facts."

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Here we have setup "show active" who has log-in at forum at past 6 months.
    I think the question then has to be - how is it that the vast majority of those members either have not posted or have made a few posts and then disappeared? I really would like to see more posters but it is not happening. And suggesting that new posters are sometimes thought to be trolls surely does not account for the "new" members failing to post. Of course we have to remember that there are reasons for joining SGT other than posting. Siam Roads must have quite a number of guys joining up. But without new posting blood, this forum will merely soldier on with a few regulars keeping it alive - or until it just dies due to lack of interest!

11. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (March 15th, 2017)

Liked

Well young people travelling to Thailand and who are gay might post questions in bigger international forums like tripadvisor or other travel forums , I think there is also a LGBT forum for travellers. You can still be anonymous if you prefer.

And a forum named sawatdeenetwork is maybe not the first that will pop-up on google if you search for gay + Thailand..