Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok hotels

Liked

Bangkok hotels

Staying in pattaya but have decided to spend a few days in Bangkok. Can any one tell me of a 4 or 5 star hotel which will allow me to bring my thai friend . .
    I was thinking of trying the Pullman hotel in silom renamed from the sofitel. But not interested in the normal run of gay friendly such as the tantawan (I

Liked

Re: Bangkok hotels

Have you considered the Dusit Thani Bangkok Hotel, on the corner of Rama IV Road and Silom Road, aot871? It is very close to Silom Soi 2, Soi 4 and, ‘the action’ off Surawong Road. It is a five star hotel. BTS Sala Daeng and MRT Silom are virtually on its doorstep.

A friend of mine stayed there and had no problem with joiners. I’ve eaten lunch there and used their swimming pool, at their invitation, on a regular basis when I used to take the Dusit sprinter bus to the Dusit Thani Hua Hin. They also run a sprinter bus to the Dusit Thani Pattaya.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Le Meridien on Suriwong is more modern with a more hip style than the older hotels. Posts on all three main Thai boards say there is no problem with joiners. Sofitel-So at the junction of Sathorn and Rama 4 is another possibility.

There is also the Crowne Plaza around the corner from Suriwong on Rama 4.

A problem with the Pullman used to be its pool which was just a lap pool and doesn't get much sun.

Liked

My guess is that most places in BKK wouldn't have any problems with you having a friend check in with you.

The city is full of nice 4 and 5 star properties. I would choose by location, depending on which neighborhood you want to be in.

I'm booked for a week at the Continent Hotel on Sukhumvit near Terminal 21 at the end of next month. I used to always stay in the Silom/Surawong neighborhood but felt like branching out a little bit this trip. And it's only a few stops on the MRT from Soi Twilight if I decide to visit the bars. Tons of hotels in that general area.

Liked

The corner suites in Tarntawan are 4* plus standard and the hotel remains a favourite of gay clients despite its recent management change. I was very happy in one of the suites recently ....they are large with a good -sized sitting area and well-furnished. Location cannot be bettered; five minutes from Soi Twilight yet set-back from Surawong and so quiet.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr View Post
    I'm booked for a week at the Continent Hotel on Sukhumvit near Terminal 21 at the end of next month. I used to always stay in the Silom/Surawong neighborhood but felt like branching out a little bit this trip. And it's only a few stops on the MRT from Soi Twilight if I decide to visit the bars. Tons of hotels in that general area.
    I have been three times to the Continent, always to the pasta lunch buffet they have on a top floor restaurant. Excellent Italian food with the choice of 2 freshly made pastas each in addition to a wide arrange of starters, other mains and desserts. Location at Asoke is difficult to better. There used to be two stunningly cute young waiters there, but did not see them on my most recent visit. Hopefully it was just their day off

7. User who gave Like to post:

fedssocr (February 12th, 2017)

Liked: 1

I am a regular guest at Dusit Thani since years. Always been well treated, also when checking in with guys everyone must understand are money boys. When you come back late evening/night with an off from a bar, it might feel a bit awkward walking through the reception, but no problems.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas1576 View Post
    When you come back late evening/night with an off from a bar, it might feel a bit awkward walking through the reception, but no problems.
    That was my concern when I stayed a couple of times at the Dust years ago. Also it is targeted very much at business clientele and lots of guests are in suits or shirts, ties and slacks. I recall once having a late-evening drink in the lobby of the Mandarin-Oriental with a friend who was the Executive Manager at the time. A farang with a companion who looked very much like a bar girl entered. My friend rushed over to the concierge who had not noticed. The concierge then chatted to the guest for several minutes before the girl turned around and left.

So I asked what the hotel's policy was when a guest brought back company for the night. He was perfectly clear on the matter. It was not the management's job to harass guests but the hotel's policy was very clear - no joiners. If a guest arrived with a reasonably well dressed young guy or woman, they would get access to the lifts. However, if the guest's companion was not dressed in accordance with the hotel's smart casual policy and was not actually registered as a guest, he/she would be politely asked to leave.

This policy was also in effect in the old Four Seasons on Rajadamri - now the Anantara. The security guard at the lift lobby would not permit obvious bar employees up to the rooms. So I suggest it is not every 5-star hotel that will accept joiners with no problems.

Checking-in with a partner, though, will never pose a problem. Some posters in various chat rooms have written that if you are on your own and plan on bringing back various guys, all you need to do is book a double room for two people and you will have no problem. In my experience, that doesn't always work. They key issue for the 'fussy' hotels is that your date for the night is actually registered as a guest staying with you. The fact that you have booked for two without then registering that guest is not fail safe!
    Last edited by fountainhall; February 12th, 2017 at 10:23.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

At Tarntawan, if I wanted to have the same guy with me for several days, I had him register so that he wouldn't need to bother leaving his ID with security every time he went up to my room.

At the Montien, they refused to accept my booking for a double because I could not provide the name of the other guest (whose identity would not be known to me until I had offed him). At another time, when I checked in at the Montien with my partner from Vietnam, there was no problem.

One of the Dreamboy staff said they "often" send boys over to Le Meridien to join customers. Customer must go down to the lobby to bring the boy up to the room, but, I understood, the boy did not have to leave ID at reception.

Liked

Le Meridien allows joiners. It's ideally located for the Silom/Surawong bars. Rooms are a bit small but well designed and modern. Breakfast is good.

In October I tried the Sukhothai on Sathorn. It's a brisk 15 minute walk from the bar areas; or it's a short walk to Lumphini MRT station and then 1 stop to Silom or 2 stops to Surawong (Sam Yan station). I didn't realise before I booked, but the place is very gay friendly. There were lots of gay falang couples and mixed falang/Thai couples. It's also a welcome change from the usual Bangkok high rise hotels. The Sukhothai is low rise, has lovely gardens and has a resort feel. The suites were huge though a bit dated. Staff were friendly.

Personally I wouldn't stay at the Dusit, I find it very tired now (though I like the Dusit in Pattaya more).