Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bacco

Liked

Bacco

And so after a gentle trundle around the country lanes I headed to Bacco. It's an Italian restaurant located next door to The Glasshouse. Equally gorgeous in design but more European it boasts a wood fired pizza oven, a ten meter high wine 'cellar' and a suitably animated Italian chef. Complimentary grissini and ciabatta are served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The menu choice is huge but I had a pizza. Thin crispy base and topped with authentic mozzarella (buffalo milk) ham, porcini and artichokes. Over a foot wide it was pure pleasure to eat. The latte came with a little biscotti, that most moreish of coffee accompaniments. For a leisurely brunch, lunch or dinner it clearly rivals it's neighbour as a genuine destination restaurant. Thoroughly recommended.

Similar Threads:

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 31st, 2017), sglad (January 31st, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bacco

I enjoy reading your pithy restaurant reviews, arsenal. Informative, inviting and over after one paragraph.

4. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 31st, 2017)

Liked

Sounds good.

But a look at google maps reveals it's way out of town, inaccessible unless you have your own ride or pay an exorbitant amount to be taken there by taxi from Pattaya.

Liked

The white songteow route on Sukhumvit will take you directly there.

Liked

That's half the fun Christian.

Had the lasagne and salad at Le Petite Planet. Very nicely presented and a generous serving it came with fresh French bread and butter. The taste was good but it was unfortunately overcooked so had a mushy texture. So of the three dishes I ate there all were executed poorly. Service can be well meaning but a little tiring and the staff can be on the loud side. This is a restaurant in need of a little tweak.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I had the lasagna last night at Fellini's on Pattayaland soi 1. Shared a huge mixed salad.
    Best lasagna I've had in Thailand and piping hot from the oven. They also serve bread rolls, which
    were hot and I believe baked in house. Very tasty .

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 2nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Post Re: Bacco

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    I had the lasagna last night at Fellini's on Pattayaland soi 1. Shared a huge mixed salad.
    Best lasagna I've had in Thailand and piping hot from the oven. They also serve bread rolls, which
    were hot and I believe baked in house. Very tasty .
    Been there not memorable, if you want good lasagna go to Pan Pan (Jomtien location). I am anxious to try Bacco but unlike most posters living in or near Center Condo I have my own transportaion, other posters don't venture out of their very small world.
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; February 2nd, 2017 at 09:26.

11. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 2nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Anyone interested in really splendid Italian food and a short trip outside the city should consider Da Marco. I have had two superb meals there. It is not exclusively Italian and includes Some Swiss cuisine and some Thai. But it is some way out and in the middle of nowhere. A great find, though.

http://www.da-marco.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mahjongguy View Post
    The white songteow route on Sukhumvit will take you directly there.
    That's 800 m from Sukhumvit to the restaurant. I wonder how many members would walk 800 m twice for a dinner. Even I would be reluctant to spend that much time just getting to and from a restaurant.

Restaurant reviews should include accessibility and price range.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    That's 800 m from Sukhumvit to the restaurant. I wonder how many members would walk 800 m twice for a dinner.
    I think mahjongguy is suggesting that one takes a songtaew (a white one?) to the restaurant. Moreover there are other alternatives to walking: taxi, Uber and motorcycle taxi (do you have that in Pattaya?).