List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dong Tan Beach concessions - your preferences.

Liked

Dong Tan Beach concessions - your preferences.

For many years of Pattaya visits I never really bothered about regular visits to the gay Beach concession areas at Dong Tan Jomtien. But the last few years I have visited a bit more regularly in late afternoon when it's a bit cooler and quieter. More recently I have been starting Thailand trips with 3-4 nights in Jomtien for a relaxing start to a trip after the journey etc.. and even while visiting more regularly I still don't really know one concession from another and as there always used to be room in them all at all times of the day just used to plonk myself down where ever. More recently with the re-organisation of the Beach Area and less concession area I noticed last trip some of the concessions had limited space and less usage of 'deck chair' style seating which I prefer in favour of more solid Loungers.

Upcoming Thailand trip start of next month will begin in Jomtien Complex at East Suites and daily visits to Dong Tan concessions, so does anyone have favourite concessionaire or reason to favour one over another. Any have Deck Chair style seating as main seating type and any have more space/availability than others? I know they are numbered/named so I need to start taking notice of the differences between them. Probably visiting 2pm/mid afternoon to closure time. Always need time to catch up on trip plans, urgent internet stuff, sms's etc and beach seems good place to do this while enjoying a bit of outdoor daylight and drink/snack.

Any suggestions/info/preferences regards the gay area concessions.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dong Tan Beach concessions - your preferences.

Is there really much beach left at Dongtan? Ten years or so ago I can remember acres of sand when the tide was out and a reasonable amount when it was in. Certainly plenty for all the boys who now seem to have all but disappeared to play their ball games and strut their stuff. On my one visit last year it seemed as though the water came very close to the beach chairs at high tide.

Liked

The sections from the public toilet to the the White House (near the Rabbit) are gay. The traditional "gay" beach was the defined as Rit's section including the four neighboring sections. The ratio of loungers to chairs is pretty much the same. The white loungers make more money for the concessions. With the new confined seating arrangements no section has an advantage over the over. All should offer free wifi. My section keeps my towel, my chair awaits my arrival, pillows, free wifi and I am closer to the White House bathroom which is cleaner compared to the public toilet.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Is there really much beach left at Dongtan? Ten years or so ago I can remember acres of sand when the tide was out and a reasonable amount when it was in. Certainly plenty for all the boys who now seem to have all but disappeared to play their ball games and strut their stuff. On my one visit last year it seemed as though the water came very close to the beach chairs at high tide.
    Low tide same-same. High tide, the concessions deliberately moved their rows close to the water as some beach goers liked that. They can't do that anymore, must stay within their borders.

Liked

When the available space for each concessionaire was limited by the authorities a few years ago, each operator naturally tried to squeeze in as many chairs as possible. That cut out the space for tables on which to put your drinks etc. It also reduced the width of free space between the rows, so that, unless you're in the front row, boys can no longer walk directly in front of you to tout for business (of all kinds). To me, at least, sitting on the beach now replicates a particularly cramped Economy section on an aircraft and certainly isn't as much fun any more.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 28th, 2017), llz (January 28th, 2017), Moses (January 27th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U;
    With the new confined seating arrangements no section has an advantage over the other
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    When the available space for each concessionaire was limited by the authorities a few years ago, each operator naturally tried to squeeze in as many chairs as possible. That cut out the space for tables on which to put your drinks etc. It also reduced the width of free space between the rows, so that, unless you're in the front row, boys can no longer walk directly in front of you to tout for business (of all kinds). To me, at least, sitting on the beach now replicates a particularly cramped Economy section on an aircraft and certainly isn't as much fun any more.
    Yes that's the impression I got last trip, as previous trips I just arrived late afternoon when there were always plenty of spaces, but last trip (Oct/Nov) when staying in Jomtien Complex I visited earlier in afternoon and found the concession I visited cramped. There were still small tables but everything seemed crushed. I was hoping I had just picked a busy concession and that others might be different in lay-out, but seems they will all be much the same. I realise soft drinks and beers are going to be the same in all concessions, but is there one/some who serve decent coffee, last visit the coffee I had was very poor, but previous visits coffees have been ok, I really should note number/name of the sections.

Maybe just try a different one each day, was hoping experiences from regulars might make a difference in choice as the area will still be busy early Feb compared to Oct/Nov and June when I usually visit.

Liked

I tend to sympathize with the vendors. It is all so unnecessary and the only effect is to harm the business of folk who are just trying to eke out a living. There was plenty of free sand space for those who don't like the vendors to use. Sad to see how it puts folk off from going to the beach at all. Makes no sense to me at all.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    I really should note number/name of the sections.
    The sections have coloured chairs
    e.g. Yellow Chairs are next to orange chairs (Rits) etc
    So you only need to remember the chair colour...
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

The section I use is the first one after the toilets under the new arrangement.
    It used to be further along before the Junta squashed everything up.

They had the same waiters for years, but they seem to have changed in the last year, whilst the lady managing it remains the same(Ai ?).
    Her lovely fit & handsome son was running it whilst she had a few days off.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Come on. Choosing a venue from service and quality of the coffee?
    Any faggot worth his salt goes where the waiter-boys are the "cutest"...